Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: NPC_Tool - Animal Villager Customization

Quote Originally Posted by tominator View Post
    I was reading the tutorial on NPC recoloring, which I have done successfully. I read that the background color could be "transparent." Is there a specific color that the game sees as transparent, and if so what is it. Or is it more specific to certain NPC and I have to hunt for ones with a transparent color in their pallette. Thanks Much.
    The last one...

Something weird just happened in my town I have changed all the villager prototypes in my town, but it seems the game doesn't "register" (or something like that) the change completely. One of my villagers moved out a few days ago, and her replacement is Filbert, which I already have in my town. It's not that big of a deal since I can easily change him to someone else, but maybe this kind of thing can be avoided with the future versions? (I'm using .4b)

> One of my villagers moved out a few days ago, and her replacement is Filbert, which I already have in my town.
    If you have a gamesave (WiiBrew extract) shortly after the new NPC moved in, please email it to me.

The villager moving logic is not well understood.
    BTW: There are many possible bytes to change. The gamesave tools only touch those that are (reasonably) well understood. If you don't understand it, it is better to leave it alone.

----
    related discussion: what is the house style used for NPC villagers

When changing the NPC character type ("prototype"), most of the data is copied from game data defaults. There are some extra bytes at the end that are left alone. They will be unchanged from the original NPC character.
    I suspect that includes the house style. There are at least 2 different house styles. There is another global setting. Also there are region specific differences (different models and textures depending on region).
    Also not well understood.

If you have a USB Gecko and are interested in poking around in memory to find interesting memory locations, please send me an email.
    (finding the in-memory or gamesave locations is the hard part - adding a UI to tweek the options it is easy, once they are understood)
    Last edited by DsPet; 05-15-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Default Adding More neighbors?

Would there ever be an option available to add more neighbors than the default 10, or if at all possible?

nevermind, I went back through the thread, sorry!
    Last edited by fangirl squee; 05-15-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    If you have a gamesave (WiiBrew extract) shortly after the new NPC moved in, please email it to me.
    Ack, sorry, the only backup of that town is several days after Filbert moved in, and I had already changed him

For what it's worth, while I was restarting I noticed each character always had the same house shape in the new village - for example Eloise, Blaire, Bob, Pekoe and Del had round roofs, Olivia, Cube, Anabelle and Carmen had the plain box houses, while Sally, Chief, Al and Bunnie had the "large" looking houses with just the front door. And so on

i need a mirror to the download

Link on the main page for the editor is not working...could someone please post it in here...

Thanks!!!

> Link on the main page for the editor is not working...
    Please try again (http://www.aibohack.com/wii/npc_tool_4b.zip )

I have 2 questions about the animals using the editor...

1. You can edit up to 20, does that mean you can have 20 animals at once in your town?
    2. Can this program be used to create and edit tiles as well, if not what can be used to create and edit tiles and what size are the tiles if you can make them?

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ScottFL386 View Post
    I have 2 questions about the animals using the editor...

1. You can edit up to 20, does that mean you can have 20 animals at once in your town?
    2. Can this program be used to create and edit tiles as well, if not what can be used to create and edit tiles and what size are the tiles if you can make them?

Scott
    11-20 Is the slots for Villagers that moved out, you can only have 10 villagers in your town.