Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: NPC_Tool - Animal Villager Customization

> When is the next update coming out?
    The official release will probably come later (updated documentation etc)
    If you want to play with it now, here's the .4a version: http://www.aibohack.com/wii/npc_tool_4a.zip
    Email with any bugs, or if you have suggestions for improving the furniture picking.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DsPet For This Useful Post:

perfect work as usual dspet.. i like how i can dress the animals in any shirt.. or select pattern then edit with the pattern editor... the wall and floor changes successfully... i havent tried putting furniture down yet though... i have a usb gecko so ive been using the "dump rvforest.dat 90e26be0 91235f20" and editing then "upload rvforest.dat 90e26be0 91235f20" back on and it all works great.. awesome work!

the furniture seyup system seems to wokr better if you can be in the house and looking where everything is.... thus with a gecko cuz just eyeballing it i could make changes alright... also i love how you included what all there original wall and floors and shirts are cuz i was always wondered that... and it drove me nuts not being able to feel like i had legit neighbors especially when you edit them the old floor and wall stay. i also like how most of the neighbors official items change when you make the swap... awesome work for sure... thanks man
    Last edited by XAlucarDX454; 12-31-2008 at 02:57 PM.

Is there a way to have 20 neighbors? There are slots for them as we can all see from the editor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by herox View Post
    Is there a way to have 20 neighbors? There are slots for them as we can all see from the editor.
    this has been asked before..and It can't be done without a seriously complex code if even then...

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

dspet, can you make it so we can see who the npc knows and where theyve been or come from?

I have a question about the recession thing on aibohack. You had changed the people running the shops to different characters like Nook in the fortune teller and whatnot. Is this something you can do with the save like the NPC edits or is this a temporary/permanent thing loaded from the disc? I would love to change some models around. I know with wild world this was a temporary thing. Do you need gecko or something hardware to do it?

> dspet, can you make it so we can see who the npc knows and where theyve been or come from?
    That was in the old AC:WW map editor (view/edit NPC relationships). I always thought it was a rather obscure feature, so I wasn't planning on it for AC:CF.

> I have a question about the recession thing on aibohack. ...Is this something you can do with the save like the NPC edits or is this a temporary/permanent thing loaded from the disc?
    It is a temporary runtime hack (all special NPCs will look the same, until you remove the hack/code)
    FWIW: I originally did it with USB Gecko, but it can be done with a runtime code.
    Here's the code: http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.ph...22171#msg22171
    Use these numbers only: http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.ph...22178#msg22178
    Here are some better descriptions: http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.ph...24000#msg24000

how would you go about putting a scar on snakes cheek?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animal Crossing City Folk_0-1.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	196  

> how would you go about putting a scar on snakes cheek?
    Scars are very easy. Draw a line and make hashes through it (see 'b0.bmp' for an excessively abused Mouse)

Finding the 'cheek' in the texture map is the only hard part. If it isn't obvious, make a bitmap with numbers/symbols on it (see b0_alpha.bmp) and use it for testing. Use it in the game and you'll quickly see how the texture wraps.
    If you still can't find it, it may be part of the eye and/or mouth textures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hmmm well i think snake may be diff... cuz i have been changing up the animals but snake has like those special cheeks that arent on the b0.bmp file... and it seems the only way to change it is to just make the exact same scar on all the .bmp's with his cheek on it... but i did manage to put a nice scar on the back of his ear lol and a solid lucky dalmatian with red eye haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animal Crossing City Folk_000.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animal Crossing City Folk_001.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	200  
    Last edited by XAlucarDX454; 01-04-2009 at 12:31 PM.