Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AnimalMap Tutorial

Default AnimalMap Tutorial

Animal Map Instructions (ARDS) (This is for The ARDS Only, and is a poor substitute for the Max duo, but is now more widely used because the Max Duo has been discontinued, so it's easier to use. The max duo is both provides more functionality and is safer..)
    Click for tutorial <-- FOR ARDS USERS

Animal Map Instructions (This is for The AR MAX DUO Only.)
    1. Connect the DS to the computer using the Max Drive link cable.
    2. Start up in USB Server mode by holding L.
    3. Run the MaxDrive program in the Animal Crossing folder.
    4. Click Max Drive DS (DS) ->
    5. Backup my game cart save ->
    6. My PC database (checkmark box) and click Next.
    7. Enter the game name and save name. (description is not necessary)
    8. When the backup is complete, go to manage and swap saves.
    9. Go to My Max Drive Vault -> and highlight the game save.
    10. Click on decompresses and exports and send the file to where you want.
    11. Click on AnimalMap and select the file you just exported. Click on open.
    12. Make all the changes you want. When you are done, click the Final Save button.
    13. Delete your old save file and import the one that you edited.
    14. Go back twice and click on Restore my game cart save from My PC database ->
    15. Highlight your file and press Next ->
    16. Ignore the warning message and the restore will begin.
    17. When it is done, you can press Finish ->, or you can just turn off the DS.
    18. Start up Animal Crossing WW and everything you did will turn up in the game.

If you get an error message "ERROR: bad checksum #1" or "ERROR: bad checksum #2" or "ERROR: mirror copies don't match", don't panic. Nothing is wrong, the editor is trying to be extra safe, and is overly strict right now but there is a simple work around it. All you have to do is start the game, see if Resetti is there, save and end the game. Now start it a second time and save and end. Now you can make your backup.

A Few Animal Map Notes:

1. Do not place an extra neighbour house, move a neighbour house or delete a sign, this will brick the game. If you want to move a neighbours home, wait until they move out and then move the sign. Don't forget to delete the extra sign when you move it!

2. Placing an item on top of another will make it so you can only use the top item. (Putting a chair on a piggy bank makes the piggy bank unusable and you will sit in the piggy bank)

3. If you want to bring back your favorite neighbor that moved out, wait until someone moves in, then replace them with the neighbor of your choice.

4. You can place items out of bounds at your house. If you put a bed out of bounds and roll off it into the blackness, you can get stuck. To avoid getting stuck, place a chocolate or boxing mat where you get off the bed.

5. 44DO is a rafflesia that you can put in your inventory. It has 4 forms: Leaf, Box, Seed, Glasses. The Leaf form is when it is hacked into your inventory, the box for is only for in the house, seed is when you drop it on the ground and glasses is when you pick it up in seed form. You can wear the rafflesia and plant it in glasses form.

6. Don’t change cement ground with a building still there. This will brick the game.

7. If you don’t make a new backup every time you use animal map and restore to the game card, you will get more and more weeds the more times you do this without making a new backup every time.

8. Placing Redd’s Tent, Katrina’s Tent or possibly Gulliver's Ship will brick the game.

9. Having too many bell or bee trees will brick the game. Try to limit them to 30 total.

10. Do not place any seeds in your house. It makes an unuseable space exactly like Nintendo's glitched red tulip because those red tulips were actually hacked seeds.

11. Placing too many buildings brick the game. Try to not have any more than 20 buildings.

12. Avoid using Redd Tent, Katrina Tent or Gulliver's Ship seeds. These are the most dangerous objects/seeds.

13. DO NOT place a large building (seed) right beside another. This will definately brick the game.

*Written by Ooblooka

Default Re: AnimalMap Tutorial

Do I need Max Duo? Or Will ARDS Work?

Speaker could you explain the snapshot feature in your guide then make it sticky? There are far too many requests on this topic.

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Yes please, I've been messing with Animap for over a year trying to get my town on to it then put it back into my game cart... :cry:

http://aibohack.com/nds/ac_ards.htm
    Tutorial for ards function

Arrow Re: AnimalMap Tutorial

When i download demo map, it says application not found. what do i do?

This is my town you can use it as a dummy for Snapshot
    Attached Files Attached Files

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

I think AR DS is a great substitoution for Max Duo...

I can almost make anything with AR DS, as i can with Max Duo.

I have created my town perfect on my computer.

It's Just easier to use a DUO if you have one.

Plus+ If you change something in your town you won't get it picked up on your comp town

I did EVERYTHING but my town WILL not turn into what i did on Animal map! any tips?