Page 78 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: ACToolkit v1.3 For Windows & v1.0 For Mac OS X

Yup, edit grass is your friend. Snow/Grass are treated one and the same in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by batgirl7611 View Post

Now here is my question. One thing I have yet to be able to accomplish is to create the perfect snowman. My problem now is that there is very little snow on the ground. Will the Edit Grass option put snow on the ground, too? If so, how do I do this? Any help anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated. I just want to be able to make at least one perfect snowman before the season ends.

well you better hurry up with that perfect snowman today is the last day of the season

Thanks for the info Fvnfish and Limepooh. I guess I better be successful today making that snowman.

Possible feature suggestion: global checking... the ability to say, find all white pansies on map, then all get highlighted, and all can be removed or changed together. It would help in finding trees as well... other than having a separate graphic for each type of tree, a search function would help locate the right ones quickly.

Improbable feature suggestion: coding the application to run as a Wii homebrew application, cutting the need to use the PC out altogether...
    Last edited by slipslide; 02-24-2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Stupid typos.

Default some of the items

Can anyone tell me the difference in grass 1,2,3?
    Also on the turnips it has A list of those too.. but no other discription but turnips
    Also I planted some festive trees and some work and some look normal.. kinda weard at first they all light up and then some light up?? any ideas
    thanks
    sandy

The difference in grasses is the geometric patterns in them; IIRC, there's triangles, circles, and squares... if you don't like how your grass looks, change the type.

For turnips, I see different numbers next to different sized stacks, then all the items marked "red turnip" -- that's a red turnip at various sizes, as if you dug it up after different numbers of days buried... changing its value. Is that what you meant?

Finally, "festive" trees really are meant to be lit during the holiday season; planting them outside of season is probably confusing the game. As it was, when I planted new cedar saplings in town, some became lit during the holidays, and some did not. Guess the town budget for lighting got spent...

---

EDIT: Speaking of grass... in AC:WW, I just noticed the AR codes to have "odd" grasses in that section of the forums here. Is it possible to have non-standard grass in AC:CF?
    Last edited by slipslide; 02-25-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Edited post, rather than double posting.

thanks for the info..on the turnips.. i don't see red turnips I see just turnip ..I planted some and they are red.. but my question is why so many listing of turnips.. but maybe they are different ages.. thanks so much

Well, in the game, there are stacks for white turnips of 10. 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100, the spoiled turnip, and then seven different sizes of red turnip; I'm not sure why everything is reading "turnip" on your end; I'm looking at Aibo's list at http://www.aibohack.com/wii/accf_items.htm myself.

In any case, there needs to be all those listings, as each is a separate item worth a different amount of Bells in the game... and of course, if you're playing the game normally and the item already exists in your town, it'll have the coding matching its size or age.

Thankfully, Nintendo didn't add any items that grow for longer than a week... imagine how many lines would go towards an item that grows larger over a month... o_O;

Default help with actoolkit

Hi Im new with this program. I was able to move houses, add windmill, add buildings with ponds. I would Like to try and add rivers and waterfalls.. but It Never fits. I tried to add an acre with one pond and just one corner of the square hung over the top level. So when I coulnt even put on square on right.. I sure wasnt going to try and map a new river and waterfall with different elevations.
    My question is .. is ther a avideo or guide to doing the more intense work without total messing up your town.
    thanks
    sandy

Well, Aibo's web site really does a good job of explaining the acres; once again, I'll send you there.

http://www.aibohack.com/wii/accf_acres.htm

The trick is matching the elevations so that the acres blend together naturally. And as to "totally messing up your town", that's why the editor always reminds you to keep a backup of your town for safety's sake