Page 12 of 127 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: ACToolkit v1.3 For Windows & v1.0 For Mac OS X

Quote Originally Posted by Kyohei View Post
    Modchip price starts at $10. $2 for soldering iron... And not all people can borrow Zelda.
    anyways, in both ways, its pirating. I live in europe, so I cant buy the AC:CF, but I am gonna get it with Wii Speak when it comes out in a few days...
    Depending on the version wii, you can get a modchip for free. Yaosm still works on the early board sets and soldering is easier than one might think. With a monthly subscription to Newshosting or Giganews, it would seem almost retarded not to have a modchip.

Quote Originally Posted by odinfire View Post
    Depending on the version wii, you can get a modchip for free. Yaosm still works on the early board sets and soldering is easier than one might think. With a monthly subscription to Newshosting or Giganews, it would seem almost retarded not to have a modchip.
    Well my point was,
    either way, whether modchip or Backup launcher, people pirated the game. And only modchip users can use ACToolkit because without modchip pirated games arent recognized by Waninkokos tools.
    Anyways, i found out how to extract the data.bin.

>... without modchip pirated games arent recognized by Waninkokos tools
    FWIW: if someone is interested in helping out, a hacked version of Waninkokos GameSave extractor/installer customized for AC:CF would be cool.
    ie. patch the binary, put in the hard coded game id ("RUUE01"), no disc read, and perhaps get rid of the need for the button presses.
    That would help all owners (legal and not so legal).

If the utilities were open source this would be easier (IMHO one tool for both Extract/Install would be ideal)
    Last edited by DsPet; 11-30-2008 at 11:22 AM.

data.bin would be nice, but definitely not priority. Especially because the other way works fine and, as mentioned in the post above, the extractor/installer method is one that we can depend on as long as we can run homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni-Neoxes View Post
    Im banned from ACC right now for 48 Hours because I Proved someone wrong.

I would like to see support on data.bin files since people have this game burned I wouldn't be too suprised on how many people burned this game and use the backup loader 0.3 gamma.

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    >... without modchip pirated games arent recognized by Waninkokos tools
    FWIW: if someone is interested in helping out, a hacked version of Waninkokos GameSave extractor/installer customized for AC:CF would be cool.
    ie. patch the binary, put in the hard coded game id ("RUUE01"), no disc read, and perhaps get rid of the need for the button presses.
    That would help all owners (legal and not so legal).

If the utilities were open source this would be easier (IMHO one tool for both Extract/Install would be ideal)
    I have a good Idea but I'm not good at programming at all having a program that can decrypt a data.bin file into RVForest.DAT, etc. is there anyway around this just have a PC Program do you think it's possible?

I do have another Idea but I think it would take alot of work & time how about for those who have burned discs and can't extract saves how about Make AC Tool Kit Wii Homebrew cand you can edit stuff off the Wii and use the Gamecube Controller & Wii Remote with Classic Controller or Nunchuck or the Wii Remote itself and it only reads Animal Crossing City Folk Data only RUUE.

But like what I said earlier I'm not good at programming these are just ideas that I'm throwing out there and see if it anyone is going to do this.

It would probably be easier to write some emulator to run the existing software on.

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

> ...having a program that can decrypt a data.bin file into RVForest.DAT, etc. is there anyway around this just have a PC Program do you think it's possible?
    They already exist ('tachtig' and 'twintig'). Requires encryption keys to use ... I've said too much...

I'm not a fan of this approach for reasons stated above (too many extra steps, not to mention supporting piracy)
    ---
    > (OR)... how about Make AC Tool Kit Wii Homebrew cand you can edit stuff off the Wii and use the Gamecube Controller & Wii Remote
    FWIW: that was discussed as an option. IMHO it doesn't make that much sense. A Wii user interface would be clumsy for complicated things like map editing (the WiiRemote makes a terrible mouse for precision selecting)
    A dedicated Wii application would work well for simple things (like max bells, or a specific rare item), but there are already Ocarina/GeckoOS codes for those.

BTW: The old AC:WW "AR DS" code manager had an option of scrolling through an item list on the DS itself. It was impossible to use IMHO because there were thousands of items to scroll through (something that is easy to do on a PC with a mouse scrolling through a long list of items)

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    not to mention supporting piracy
    Actually, a burned disc will work with the save extractor/injector as long as it's not so hacked up that it requires a loader to be loaded (the brickblocked version, for example).

I do agree with you, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni-Neoxes View Post
    Im banned from ACC right now for 48 Hours because I Proved someone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleasonator View Post
    Actually, a burned disc will work with the save extractor/injector as long as it's not so hacked up that it requires a loader to be loaded (the brickblocked version, for example).

I do agree with you, though.
    If you have modchip installed... mentioned before.
    Tachtig and Twintig seems to be the only way to use ACToolkit.