Page 38 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: ACToolkit v1.3 For Windows & v1.0 For Mac OS X

Anyone have an already extracted save they want to post? I was wanting to mess around with the editor, but don't have a save to try it with at this point...thanks!

There is a demo save file on page 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Voth View Post
    Congrats on 1.0 final being almost done. I hope to see the option to change character and town names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    I will not be implementing a feature to change player and town names in v1.0 final. I will try getting that into the release after.
    If you don't want to wait, you can try changing your town name with a hex editor. I was able to rename one of my test towns this way. In a brand-new test town, I found a total of 34 instances of the town name ("Craphole"). Note that the town name is stored in 32-bit format, so in the hex editor it will look like ".C.r.a.p.h.o.l.e". Plain old ascii code seems to work okay if you insert a 00 before each ascii code ("Craphole" becomes 0043 0072 0061 0070 0068 006F 006C 0065). For best results, it's probably better to replace the town name with a new name of identical length, though it probably wouldn't hurt things if you shortened the name as long as you included null characters in the blanks (0000 should work, or whatever the terminator character is).

After making the changes to RVFOREST.DAT, load the file into the ACToolkit (disregard any invalid checksum errors) and save the file from there to re-write the checksum, then try loading it up in ACCF.

There's probably more to it, and I don't know the implications of actually changing your town name, but you could give it a shot if you don't want to wait for Virus to implement the feature. Just make sure you backup your data, as always

I didn't try changing the player name, but I presume you could do it the same way as changing the town name.

Warning -- Your mileage may vary, editing the town name via hex editor can be dangerous! Make backups and proceed with caution.
    Last edited by Potatamoto; 12-15-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Included DsPet's warning

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Potatamoto For This Useful Post:

> ...If you don't want to wait, you can try changing your town name with a hex editor.
    This can be dangerous (I'd wait for ACToolkit to support it).
    If you have a unique town name (like "Craphole" or "****Town") then the chances of screwing up are small. If you have a common name like "Jet" or "Vegas" or "Treehut" it will be very dangerous.
    Where possible, pad out all unicode strings to 18 bytes by filling with 00. That's room for 8 unicode characters with 2 bytes of 00 00 at the end. As mentioned the Unicode characters are stored with the first byte (high byte) of 0 for ANSI characters.
    As always, keep a backup!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DsPet For This Useful Post:

I already changed my town name. Thanks, Potatamoto.

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    If you have a unique town name (like "Craphole" or "****Town")
    lolwut,

Why do you think nintendo didint hard code the textures and names of neighbors? Im just guessing here but I think maybe becuse of downloadable content.

Default Could you add these items to the lists...

95DC 'not used' (music)
    95E0 'not used' (music)
    95E4 'not used' (music)
    C244 'moth orchid'
    C81C 'not used' Shadow (invisible chair)
    C820 'not used' Moving boxes
    C824 'not used' Long moving boxes
    C828 'not used' Small boxes

Currently those don't exist in the Toolkits list, and would be awesome to get in there.

Quote Originally Posted by halmtier View Post
    95DC 'not used' (music)
    95E0 'not used' (music)
    95E4 'not used' (music)
    C244 'moth orchid'
    C81C 'not used' Shadow (invisible chair)
    C820 'not used' Moving boxes
    C824 'not used' Long moving boxes
    C828 'not used' Small boxes

Currently those don't exist in the Toolkits list, and would be awesome to get in there.
    What songs are they? Normal ones just called not used or ones you can only get from hacking like nook wall

They are broken version of regular songs lol. Like regular songs with skipping or missing parts etc.
    For all the Noobs out there http://tinyurl.com/683wwm please learn something today.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Riku98523 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Riku98523 View Post
    They are broken version of regular songs lol. Like regular songs with skipping or missing parts etc.
    thats cool