Page 31 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: ACToolkit v1.3 For Windows & v1.0 For Mac OS X

To extract the save and install the save you need waninkokos tools. Its easier if you have Homebrew Channel installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Area51_Hacker2 View Post
    So a save as button is completley redundant with your new time saving method? Or are you yet another person who has failed to fully follow a topic?
    I was just showing how I backup my games for animal crossing, since it was already being discussed.
    Also since you are pretty much saying that I was not "fully following a topic" in the first post it says "Always keep a backup of your unmodified save file in a safe place!" So how am I not following the topic?
    Last edited by crwys; 12-07-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Hmm, I think a "Save As" is much easier.

I know that I was referring to the last line you were claiming that it was the easiest and fastest solution to the problem and an easier one was provided 2 posts before!
    Last edited by Area51_Hacker2; 12-07-2008 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Spelling -_-

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by Area51_Hacker2 View Post
    I know that I was referring to the last line you were claiming that it was the easiest and fastest solution to the problem and an easier one was provided 2 posts before!
    I was not claiming anything, just sharing an opinion.
    "I think that may be the easiest and fastest way "

What the fastest and easiest way is just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by crwys View Post
    What i do is.
    -I always have 2 rvforest.dat files
    -One on my desktop and one on my sd card \wiisaves\ruue\
    -With the ACToolKit i always edit the file on the sd card. (This way all you have to do is click "save" on the editor, exit, then "safely remove" the device.)
    --When i load my game, if it crashes, i simply copy the file from my desktop and overwrite the one on my sd card
    --When i load my game, and it doesn't crash, i copy the file on my sd card to the desktop and overwrite my file on the desktop .

I think that may be the easiest and fastest way
    I think the method you are using is time consuming. My method is much easier.

1. Extract save and edit.
    2. Install save and play.
    2a. Save crashes edit again so it won't crash.
    2b. Save does not crash zero problems.
    3. Not have to waste space on a worthless backup.

I find keeping a backup really is not needed unless you are going to change a bunch (just to test out a new save). Here is my reasoning on this, first after you extract the save its still on your Wii so at this time you don't need a backup. Then lets say you edit something and the game crashes well you can still edit it again so that it won't crash. The only logical reason I can see needing a backup is if the save actually corrupts while editing and after installing it you are screwed. I am pretty sure if the save corrupted though you would know when the editor won't open the save or it won't save it again.
    For all the Noobs out there http://tinyurl.com/683wwm please learn something today.

marioANDluigi95 asked:
    > Is there going to be a Villager modifier? I want Bob in my town really badly...
    Please try the new NPC_Tool http://game-hackers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1129
    Tutorial #1 shows the basics. Pick 'Bob' as the template. You can also name it something other than Bob ("Robert"?)

Can someone help me since i cant make my savegame extractor work in my homebrew channel i need a guide please add me(if you need help) in msn:[email protected] Yahoo messnger:cayetanoaldaba

Finally got the extractor/installer to work on my Wii. I just formatted the SD card several times and it worked!!!

Thanks for all your help guys, gonna start messing around with my map.

hey falcozx how do you make your homebrew channel read the savegame extractor file?