Thread: ASM terminology

Blog Entries

Default ASM terminology

Can someone give me a list of ASM terminology, along with definitions (ones that someone just beginning to learn ASM will understand?)
    Right now, all I've been doing is messing with addresses (because that's all I understand 100%) but I wanna get used to other things. If you want, you can just tell me enough to make simple codes (like an inventory cycler or text activator, even though it's already been done I wanna try making it myself)

Blog Entries

I also have an awesome idea for a code, which I want to make in ASM when I get good enough. Basically it uses a coordinates system to place an item in a certain place, except you type the coordinates instead of stand on it. For example, (for indoors) you could type 1,5 1000 to place butterfly paper at coordinates 1,5
    For outdoors, you can even use this to make a real-time acre modifier, or use it the same way as indoors. (it may not seem useful to most people, but it would be very useful to me)
    Feedback on this idea please

Quote Originally Posted by dragonboy269 View Post
    I also have an awesome idea for a code, which I want to make in ASM when I get good enough. Basically it uses a coordinates system to place an item in a certain place, except you type the coordinates instead of stand on it. For example, (for indoors) you could type 1,5 1000 to place butterfly paper at coordinates 1,5
    For outdoors, you can even use this to make a real-time acre modifier, or use it the same way as indoors. (it may not seem useful to most people, but it would be very useful to me)
    Feedback on this idea please
    I hate to break it to you, but after City Folk comes out, not many people are going to play WW anymore...

The truth hurts.
    Don't argue with stupid people. They only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Blog Entries

Actually, I already reserved City Folk, and I will be hacking that as well. And, a lot of people will still play AC:WW because they don't have a Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonboy269 View Post
    Actually, I already reserved City Folk, and I will be hacking that as well. And, a lot of people will still play AC:WW because they don't have a Wii.
    I'm going to do some testing on that as well...

If you take a look at some AC websites, you'll see the amount of people on ACWW is actually decreasing... It's a sad thought, but I'll quit eventually....

Only add people you trust on the Wii version, to prevent any failures from attempting to seed you.

The Wii may stop bricks, due to the way it saves, but it can't stop someone from seeding/blocking a house or gate.. or can it?
    Don't argue with stupid people. They only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Only Time Could Tell...

Blog Entries

I now understand over 75% of basic ASM I only need to know one more thing, and once I know that I can start making my own codes (simple ones at first)
    Sadly the only thing I need to know is also one of the most important things (I don't know when to use which register, like when do I use r5 or r6 etc)

Edit: Nevermind, Maniac helped me

I figured out how to add/subtract hexes too
    I sort of made a random code (just for practice). I was trying to make it so when you say "stuff" it replaces butterfly paper with gold roses, but I couldn't figure out how, so I did it with 2 letters instead.
    Type "um" to replace butterfly paper with gold roses (Maniac helped me a lot, and I actually learned a lot)
    Code:
    removed
    Next I'm gonna try making a text activated inventory mod (I'll actually try MAKING it this time, instead of borrowing sources from other codes)
    Last edited by dragonboy269; 04-28-2009 at 06:26 PM.