Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ac toolkit v1.3 for mac os X?

Question ac toolkit v1.3 for mac os X?

Is there plans to make a ac toolkit v1.3 for mac os X?
    Last edited by rafaelgomez121; 08-09-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: typo fix!
    HAHA HAHA HAHA(NO)

I've been in that situation. go to BestBuy or online and buy Parallels Desktop, it lets you pull up windows to play with it there. Or, a native Appleprogram called BootCamp can be used to boot up Windows, but you won't be able to switch back and forth easily.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't expect any further development for ACToolkit, whether it be updates to the current program or new builds for different operating systems.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

I'd definitely like to suggest a Mac version for the 3DS AnimalMap (because I know you guys will crack that 3DS one day. :P)

3DS animal map is probably WAY down the road. We don't even know the specs for the 3DS yet. Nintendo hoped to crack down on homebrew and pirates with the 3DS, so I think this could take a while... I mean... the DSi doesn't even have homebrew yet...
    http://siestacat.webs.com/GetAttachment.jpg

FWIW/OT: 3DS and homebrew
    There are some things known about the 3DS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3ds
    A 3DS AnimalMap doesn't need full homebrew. Like the old DS version, you can do a lot with simple gamesave tweeking, once there is a way of getting data from the DS cartridge to a PC.
    (appears to be a new 3DS cartridge type in addition to backward compatible DS cartridges and SD card slot)
    More to come.

Even so, the odds are it will be Windows PC program like the existing tools (AnimalMap for the DS, ACToolkit, PattView, etc for the Wii). The Parallels or Bootcamp approach is recommended for Mac OSX users.

With the amazing coders we have around here, you don't think we could create a Mac version? It's certainly pull more people in that it drove away.. Just something to look into. :P

Blog Entries

It has been looked into. In fact, Virus has a compiled version. He's just too lazy to make it functional Plus, it's a Mac. So...no thanks.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

I found a free program today that is letting me use AC Toolkit for free on my Mac. It works just fine, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2H8_...eature=related