Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HDLC for Thanksgiving (to say thank you)

> Unless DSPet includes this HDLC in his great EZ_DLC tool
    I will add any credible DLC items (send me the data, including the full 8K of BITM stuff)

But for experimenting, I recommend starting with them as OHDLC. That way, you don't waste a permanent item slot.
    For example 'hackers' can reuse the Furniture slot (currently the spinning poke balls), and play with the new item. That should also work for hybrid furniture/accessories.
    ---
    If 'hackers' like it enough to make it permanent, then it gets its own permanent slot, and non-hackers (regular players) can get it too.

Once it is out in the wild, you can't take it back.

Remember non-hackers usually freak if they see something hacked.
    (I predict now they will freak and think something is wrong with their game because they can't plant it - they are a bunch of paranoid players)
    Regular players can't get rid of them from their gamesave. See how much they freaked when the Dimentio Mask was originally released.
    =====
    NOTE: this board is mainly for 'hackers', ie. people who can add the experimental DLC/HDLC/OHDLC items themselves using WiiBrew. If they don't like your item, they can delete it, no harm done.
    If looking for opinions on whether your item this is good enough to be *permanently* installed on a regular players game, you shouldn't be asking 'hackers'.

I suggest posting a few screen shots on "ACC". Don't mention how to hack, but say you are thinking of releasing some brand new HDLC to the world, explain the limitations and that it is permanent.
    http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.c...sp?BoardID=152
    If nothing else it will spur interest in hacked DLC again (1 year anniversary coming soon)
    Last edited by DsPet; 11-08-2009 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, DSPet.

Yes, as we have discussed/agreed before that I will use this slot as the OHDLC slot for my future HDLCs (if any since I am not sure at this time whether I will even create another HDLC).

This HDLC will show as item (like morning glory DLC), but I allow players to wear it since the brres file contains such a model anyway.

I will send you the 0x2000 bytes file and I understand that it is up to you whether you want to include it in your great EZ_DLC tool or not. As always,
    it is greatly appreciated. You have created amazing set of tools that allow me to learn a lot.

Cheers.

Blog Entries

Hm, releasing this into the wild is a bad idea. That's all I will say on the subject. It's a nice item, though.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

I love the fact you can make HDLC, and OHDLC, but to say the truth I don't thinks it's good enough to become a permanent item. (That's just me.) Just a prediction, but I think people would react like they did with the "Morning Glory". Most thought it's just a plant, waste of a DLC spot, ect. It's a really good item, and who knows I may be wrong, but I'd go with DsPet's plan, and keep it safe. ^_^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Hm, releasing this into the wild is a bad idea. That's all I will say on the subject. It's a nice item, though.
    Seconded.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Thanks again for the comments.
    I understand that different people could have different viewpoints. That actually makes life interesting.

My friends are happy now, and my journey on HDLC is complete.

Now, move on to next project...

Cheers.

Default item

will this item crash ppls accf have u tested it on other saves or just 1??

Please please add me FC 4168-3971-0453

I know it is going on 5 p.m. EST but I will wait and watch, Thank you so much!!!

yoshilove86 -- the item is OK.

ClaudeJohnClay -- you are added, but I will be away from Wii.

Cheers.

Edit: town is closed now.
    Last edited by conanac; 11-08-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Thank you so very, very much!