Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM To be or not to be?

Blog Entries

You mean the registers?... I have a list of registers at home that you can use freely but I'm at school right now..

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Ok thanks. School for me starts in a week.

Blog Entries

You'll notice that I made one of your requested codes (search and teleport)
    Although I'll need to remake it with just my coding when I get the chance

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dragonboy269 For This Useful Post:

Oh yeah cool! Dude how did you become so good at asm? You are really amazing!! I downloaded a few pdfs that kinda explain things like ldr and stuff..

Blog Entries

http://maniac.game-hackers.com/Codes...dRegisters.txt

Registers you can and cannot use under normal circumstances.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    http://maniac.game-hackers.com/Codes...dRegisters.txt

Registers you can and cannot use under normal circumstances.

In thumb, you can usually only use r0-r5

Although I think you can still use the other ones just not for loading/storing

(like, you can temporarily move the value from a lower register to a higher register, then back)
    I just found that out >_> and it should help me shorten some of my codes XD

Lol. Hey I gave that link a quick catscan and like half of it mentions the E code type and (0XXXXXXX + offset). I am so confused about the offset and the E type I beg of you enlighten me please?! I know you use such a code type in your more recent codes however I don't have a clue as to their relevance to the codes or to anything for such matters. I will try to decipher and store what I can accumulate from enhacklopedia and the gh wiki. And various others from the code analyzer. I think it was made by kickenchicken57 from kodewerx. It's helpful but when it get's into specifics it is kinda vague. (Well to me anyhow.)
    Also I was bored and so I checked some of the addresses in your recent codes and one confused me a bit. It had the address 0x021eed6c. But that only differentiates from when you are in your own home and as far as I can tell is almost useless. Unless you somehow use it to tell where the user of your codes are in relation to the world map/ inside outside ordeal.
    Personally I admire your coding. I mainly want to learn to code so I can understand your codes and because I would like to be able to make codes like you do. (I.e. Flawlessly, amazingly, with the ability to incorporate amazing features, etc..)
    Also have you gotten a TT yet? Or is this all based on address's that've been found and coding that you decided to do?

Another interesting thing is that I can't ds to ds with the trainer TT in my ds. It gives me the purple resetti page "an error occurred"... Wifi won't connect to the nin wfc points either... However using Text to ar code works pretty good. But somehow the TT doesn't like me.

Edit: I forgot t mention that oddly enough the 0x021eed6c thing is 0 when outside 1 in your house and C in a different friends house. It is also different for neighbors... I don't think changing the value does anything 'cept freeze the game.
    Last edited by Drew956; 09-02-2009 at 01:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drew9561995 View Post
    Also I was bored and so I checked some of the addresses in your recent codes and one confused me a bit. It had the address 0x021eed6c. But that only differentiates from when you are in your own home and as far as I can tell is almost useless. Unless you somehow use it to tell where the user of your codes are in relation to the world map/ inside outside ordeal.
    Personally I admire your coding. I mainly want to learn to code so I can understand your codes and because I would like to be able to make codes like you do. (I.e. Flawlessly, amazingly, with the ability to incorporate amazing features, etc..)
    Also have you gotten a TT yet? Or is this all based on address's that've been found and coding that you decided to do?

Another interesting thing is that I can't ds to ds with the trainer TT in my ds. It gives me the purple resetti page "an error occurred"... Wifi won't connect to the nin wfc points either... However using Text to ar code works pretty good. But somehow the TT doesn't like me.

Edit: I forgot t mention that oddly enough the 0x021eed6c thing is 0 when outside 1 in your house and C in a different friends house. It is also different for neighbors... I don't think changing the value does anything 'cept freeze the game.
    I don't have a trainer toolkit, I either use others' addresses, use an emulator to find my own, or use an ASM routine to find online addresses

By the way, I use that to determine where you're at/which room
    For example, it checks if you're outdoors or in your house. It also makes sure the code doesn't activate if you're in the gate

Then, if you're in your house, I subtract #1 from it, then multiply it by #0x450 (difference between each room)

That's how my RTWE code knows exactly which slot to put the item in no matter where you're at

Woah!!
    Thats cool!! : D
    I've been using your search code to find addresses recently,
    and I found the addresses for attached presents to letters, (Yes, dspet already found them. But I was bored and without a pc)
    So I've been trying to write some assembly that will store the first ten items in your dresser in your mail slots.
    However, I have been getting errors when compiling. Currently it's a OFFSET_IMM8 error...
    Can you, or anyone who is reading this, tell me what I am doing wrong??
    (I am trying copyng the items in the first 10 dresser slots, 021ec(200-214), and storing them in the ten letter slots 021d8(014-8a8)
    But each address is offset from the previous by a certain amount. The dressers by 2, and the letters by F4. I have not tested these addresses, as I have calculated them from other addresses, and this code still has many features I have not added yet...)

ldr r4, Limit
    ldr r5, D
    ldr r8, M
    ldr r1, Dresser
    ldrh r2, r1
    ldr r3, Mail
    strh r3, [r2]
    b Fred

Fred:
    add r1, r1, r5
    ldrh r2, r1
    add r3, r3, r8
    strh r3, [r2]
    cmp r1, r4
    ble John
    bx lr

John:
    b Fred

Limit:
    .long 0x021ec214
    Dresser:
    .long 0x021ec200
    Mail:
    .long 0x021d8014
    D:
    .short 0x0002
    M:
    .short 0x00f4

Blog Entries

ldr r4, Limit
    ldrb r5, D @We can actually use .byte for these (: thus it becomes ldrb, not ldr. If you were using a 16-bit value it would be ldrh.
    ldrb r8, M
    ldr r1, Dresser
    ldrh r2, [r1] @forgot your brackets here.. we want to load the halfword at r1 into r2
    ldr r3, Mail
    ldrh r3, [r3] @need to load the value from Mail before we can store it!
    strh r3, [r2]

@we dont need the branch to Fred as it will automatically go to it.

Fred:
    add r1, r1, r5
    ldrh r2, [r1] @once again, forgot our brackets (:
    add r3, r3, r8
    strh r3, [r2]
    cmp r1, r4
    ble Fred @no need for John, we can just redirect it back to Fred from here (:
    bx lr

Limit:
    .long 0x021ec214
    Dresser:
    .long 0x021ec200
    Mail:
    .long 0x021d8014
    D:
    .byte 0x02
    M:
    .byte 0xf4
    I'm assuming your math is right, hopefully this helped you also you dont need to remove the notes i put in there to compile. The compiler will ignore anything after @ on that line. (: Any questions? ;P I hope I didn't miss anything.. kinda rusty on ASM

Edit: Noticed a few more things... also i believe I can optimize this more if you like.. but it will have to wait until I'm home as i cant refer to any of my notes at school. haha Glad to see that you're still trying to learn
    Last edited by Maniac; 04-26-2010 at 01:02 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post: