Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having 2 towns? Easy or Hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    @evan: as soon as I get my wii back (it is currently a big white paperweight), I'd be glad to have you over. I'll let you know when that happens.
    Ok, just tell me when you are on, and i will PM you with my FC and stuff

Oh and one more question, how do you save your game save?
    Do you just grad the RVFOREST on to the desktop? And so you have 2 RVFOREST? I need to know how to save to RVFOREST.

I dont really switch between towns alot so i need help
    I might use 2 SD Cards though...

Just make a folder on your desktop that says "Town A" or something like that and drag copy your RUUE folder (or whichever ID your game has) into it to make sure you dont miss anything like custom textures you may want to keep or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Emo View Post
    Just make a folder on your desktop that says "Town A" or something like that and drag copy your RUUE folder (or whichever ID your game has) into it to make sure you dont miss anything like custom textures you may want to keep or something.
    What folder do i drag? And when i want to use that folder, when i open ACToolkit i open that folder and open that RVFOREST?

take your rvforest.dat file and create a folder for it called "original town" or something similar. copy the rvforest file and place it in the folder, and then leave it alone. Now create a new folder called "Hacked Town A" or something similar. copy the same rvforest.dat file into that folder. now when you open toolkit, just use the folder for the town you want to edit (hacked town a) and after you're done, load it into the appropriate spot on your sd. you don't need to sds or anything. not at all.
    Everywhere at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    take your rvforest.dat file and create a folder for it called "original town" or something similar. copy the rvforest file and place it in the folder, and then leave it alone. Now create a new folder called "Hacked Town A" or something similar. copy the same rvforest.dat file into that folder. now when you open toolkit, just use the folder for the town you want to edit (hacked town a) and after you're done, load it into the appropriate spot on your sd. you don't need to sds or anything. not at all.
    Oh, ok thanks!!

I have done the steps advised for having 2 towns, but I want to make sure I do the extracting part right. For say I play in my regular town and do something important then would I just extract and then replace that rvforest file to my regular town file?

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks in advance for any help!

I would do those steps to save that town, but make sure to move the rvforest for the first town into the appropriate folder (if you have one_) on your pc..I always overwrite the previous one, as long as the gamesave worked without wedging. I always label my folders things like "Fieldens-4/27/09 new NPC's" or something so you know before you put it on the sd card what you have. I don't rename the rvforest file at all tho. Then once you've moved the first file safely to your pc, then move the rvforest file to your sd card to play the second town. Of course, make sure you delete the first town's rvforest file on your sd card first..if theres two of those files, it won't load! Hope that helps!
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

OK that helps!! I had tried having 2 towns before but I literally had 2 different towns and I switched them with the wiisaves file. This seems much much easier!

To make sure I have this straight....just extract, go into actoolkit make changes, put the current rvforest file into the correct folder and then put the other town rvforest onto sd card and then install to switch towns

Can you tell I'm not good at computer stuff? And can I put a copy of rvforest file onto another computer without having ACtoolkit for a backup?

Quote Originally Posted by cgriffith86 View Post
    OMG Its ee1vv2aa3nn4
    Hey. Its you from ACC. XD