Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACToolkit (PC) help needed

Default ACToolkit (PC) help needed

Hi all,

My first post, and its a cry for help
    yeah, I know, I'll give back when and where I can, however.............

I'm having a problem with ACToolkit not displaying properly on my PC.

Whenever I go into 'Town Editor' map window the bottom buttons, below the map,are not visible (the 'remove' buttons, and also the 'apply' and 'cancel')

Probably just me doin' somethin stupid, but no matter how I move the window round I cant see 'em - the map just drops to fill the page, so I cant apply changes!

I've tried v1.0 final AND v1.2 on Windows XP ...........with no luck at all, please help if U know what I'm doin' wrong

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miii View Post
    Hi all,

My first post, and its a cry for help
    yeah, I know, I'll give back when and where I can, however.............

I'm having a problem with ACToolkit not displaying properly on my PC.

Whenever I go into 'Town Editor' map window the bottom buttons, below the map,are not visible (the 'remove' buttons, and also the 'apply' and 'cancel')

Probably just me doin' somethin stupid, but no matter how I move the window round I cant see 'em - the map just drops to fill the page, so I cant apply changes!

I've tried v1.0 final AND v1.2 on Windows XP ...........with no luck at all, please help if U know what I'm doin' wrong
    Try changing your screen resolution. I had this problem with animalmap on my old computer. Once I changed my resolution, it worked perfectly.

Blog Entries

What resolution are you using on your computer exactly?...

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

thanx for lookin guys

I'm running at 1280 x 768 via Geforce 7950 on a 26" LCD w/screen (its a tv with VGA input)

tried it down to 800 x 600
    tried it upwards and the display crashed

I know this has gotta be my settings somehow, and I'm feelin rather stupid at the mo'

Blog Entries

The only thing i cqn think of is that its not displaying all of the bottom but then you have no start menu button or bar.. Have you tried minimizing it? Or are you minimized already? Other wise try full screen..

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Question hmm...

Do the buttons respond? Try clicking where the button should be and if it responds you know its not the program but the resolution.
    ~"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality"~

If you change your system font and size like I do with Windows Blinds, it might be to big for the button and "roll off' the viewable area of it.

Thanx guys for stayin with this.....

@Maniac
    tried dropping the bottom bar / start button off the screen - map just fills downwards

@Shadowluigi
    no space were buttons should be as the map fills the entire window

@Beretta
    had large fonts enabled, swapped to normal but no joy

I kno' this is startin to sound dumb now , so wont be offended if there are no more ideas - thx all

Are you using Windows Blinds or any other theme? Try going back to the original Windows theme and see what happens. It may may be that.

Let me know and I can try to give another reason for this if above statement doesn't apply or work.

Default very strange < . <

ok, so now that we know its not the resolution.."no space were buttons should be as the map fills the entire window" you did click: Town-->Edit Town, correct? if not do that : P im sure you did do that but just making sure "view map" will bring up a full preview of the map
    ~"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality"~