Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: error 20102...the end of hacking accf?

I have a friend on ACC who got banned

I would agree with DSPet and Virus. It is all speculation. Nintendo's description of the error code implies that a cheat code was detected while online. It would take a long time for Nintendo to try to "scan" every Wii for the HAXX ticket. The thing is Homebrew isn't even the program used to "cheat". There are many other ways to use codes other than apps through the Homebrew Channel. It doesn't make sense that they are trying to target Homebrew for this reason.

Default Okie dokie

Well, i have tested out online and i wasn't banned. as long as you don't do things like cheating to win or get higher ranks....like people on mario kart wii.
    ~"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality"~

Blog Entries

Just sheer speculation on my part, but I will say (from past experience with Nintendo) that they will only ban from cheating on competitive games. Rooting leaderboards was a big problem back in the DS days. They took some small actions against that. Never once did they take action against Wild World hacking (one could speculate that is due to a lack of resources to take action against such hacking). Whether they have these advanced scanning capabilities when they can hardly keep a steady online session going on their own servers is a question everybody should step back and ask themselves. Speculation will drive people mad. Just wait for a definitive answer.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Scanning your Wii seems a little invasive, and I don't even really think the system is capable of doing that. I'm sure they can determine whether a code is active or not, because they can check the save file before allowing you online by requesting data from your Wii. But I doubt they can scan and find the HBC on your Wii. It just seems highly unlikely.

The only time I've ever used cheats on WiFi are through AC:CF. And I don't even play it much anymore, so I guess it doesn't really matter. I'll just stop using cheats, since I don't use them much anyways. The most I use is the ACToolKit.

If you just dont use hacks or even use the HBC will you be ok?
    because i want to go on wi-fi and i dont want to get banned

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ee1vv2aa3nn4 View Post
    If you just dont use hacks or even use the HBC will you be ok?
    because i want to go on wi-fi and i dont want to get banned
    You'll be fine.. As said before I highly doubt they will bann people from AC:CF as they didn't with ac:ww and its more for the leader board type things.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    You'll be fine.. As said before I highly doubt they will bann people from AC:CF as they didn't with ac:ww and its more for the leader board type things.
    They didn't do that for Metroid Prime Hunters for DS
    :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oni-Neoxes View Post
    They didn't do that for Metroid Prime Hunters for DS
    :P
    They basically gave up for MP:H lol.. obviously they don't really care..

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    They basically gave up for MP:H lol.. obviously they don't really care..
    lolzenatorz