Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AC:CF has a habit of freezing when I upload hacked DLC...

Default AC:CF has a habit of freezing when I upload hacked DLC...

Sometimes it's when I click on my inventory, other times it's when I open a dresser. Once, the game froze while I was just running around town. All of the freezing starts when I upload lightsabres and blue pikmin hats.

Can someone tell me what the potential reasons for the game freezes are? Is there something (besides not downloading hacked DLC) that I can do to prevent it?

*By the way, I'm new to this board (I regularly post on Gamefaqs), so if I made some kind of mistake, I apologize in advance.

I had the same problem but DsPet fixed it for me. Just remove any of the DLC items in your dresser or you inventory. Then run the tool.
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

My guess is that you are mixing up gamesaves.

The DLC item codes (from Nintendo or Hacked) will not work if you don't have the DLC data in the game. The game will (intentionally) hang if it detects a bad item code that doesn't jive with the game.

If you are trying to install a gamesave (perhaps after running ACToolkit or one of the other tools), open it with EZ_DLC_Install tool and press the "Save and Exit". The tool will cross check to make sure you don't have any bogus items in your pockets or dresser or other places. If it reports an error (eg: a bogus item code found in the dresser), fix it with ACToolkit.

If the EZ_DLC_Install test passes, and the game still hangs, please make a backup and email me the RVFOREST.DAT file.
    ----
    If you are using the runtime TTI (Text-To-Item) code, be sure you only use item codes that you know will work in your current gamesave.
    Run EZ_DLC_Install and it will report the DLC items codes that are installed and available for use. If you use an unrecognized item code, the game will (intentionally) hang.

This is, step by step, what happened.

When you first released the DLC (Great job by the way), I used the DLC Tool to put the items in my inventory, as well as used the parched flower method to display a bunch of them on the ground.

When I loaded the gamesave and opened up my inventory, the game froze. I rinsed, repeated, and got the same result.

I even tried using a different character (One that didn't have the hacked items in his inventory) to pick up the items that I had put on the ground. The game froze before I made it across town to pick them up.

So, then, still determined, I changed the game save, this time by not adding the items to my character's inventory and taking all but one of each item from the ground.

It worked. I didn't play with it long, and I didn't open any dressers or anything, but it didn't freeze that time.

Next, I decided to try putting more items on the ground so that I could host a giveaway, figuring that it was just the items originally being in my inventory that caused the problem.

I started up the game, and everything SEEMED to be working fine. I could pick up the items, check my inventory, and get around town just fine. It wasn't until I tried to open the dresser that the game froze again.

That happened a few days ago, and I haven't played since then due to a lack of hope. The save file is still on my Wii, so I could extract it for you Tomorrow if you like (It's 12:15 AM here, and I have to wake up in less than six hours) if you can't diagnose the problem by hearing my story.

One more thing, I have been tampering a bit with my town layout, but I've been careful not to do anything that could potentially brick my save. Again, you could probably understand better if you'd seen it for yourself.

Blog Entries

I'd prefer that you use the Post for Help forum next time. Thanks.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Again, I apologize. I'm new and I didn't know where to post it.

I'll make sure to remember next time.

Blog Entries

Nah its fine, I understand. I actually just requested virus put a console subforum in the post for help area

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Purple_Wind, I had this happen as well. I wasn't laying the HDLC down properly. I added some parched flowers to the town, then ran the HDLC program then I would lay flowers, go back to ACToolkit and do it again. Instead of laying different parched flowers down and doing it in one step. My game would freeze when I opened the closet. When I layed the flowers down properly no more freezing, I've been using it successfully for days now.

Also, if the get an message with the HDLC that says there is something wrong and your file may crash, etc don't use it. Strive to use a file that gets no error messages and you will be fine. I know it sounds simple. Also, read the instructs over and again. That was my problem, once I followed the instructs, exactly, every thing runs smoothly.
    Last edited by Captain Annette; 01-29-2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Proof reading is my friend.

hi day_time_night!

you're probably wondering why i know that, you have my email; yet havent emailed me back yet....Now time for the surprise! im Paden from DC remember me? it's been quite awhile. if you're not someone i know, sorry lol.

I didn't know you could do it all in one step. I'll try it out and tell you the results.