Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hacked" DLC - the New Plan (comments please)

I agree with Emo, They would rather take Crap DLC then HDLC then just screw them.

Also Legit players are spreading rumors that HDLC cause saves too brick, Which is a Lie, So if their trying too say **** about HDLC we should just go on with HDLC. Their is no use changing their idiotic minds.
    Last edited by Zero; 01-20-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonboy269 View Post
    Well, people on ACC are still flaming hackers and saying they're "ruining the game" and stuff
    There will always be people who hate on hackers/cheaters it will always be something. You will always see people who just insult people for playing a game how they want even if it doesn't effect them. When the game came out there were people insulting others because they didn't want to wait for 6 months to play in summer saying they were ruining the game for them. But on the other hand theres been people saying all these things they want from hacked dlc cause they know nintendo can't deliver, like a samus arm cannon slingshot. Nintendo isn't ever going to do that and i've had people i don't even know aim me asking if i can make hacked dlc for them, i can't but it just seems like a majority of the community would be happy with quality DLC as long as we can keep it under control.

DsPet would be a fool if he turned this project down. Their will always be people who criticize, If I have a chance too make a DLC item of course i'm not going too make it look like crap.

I think that being able to vote on the DLC items is a nice idea, it makes me happy I ordered a USB Gecko 2 days ago. I like these ideas DSPet, I cannot wait for these tools to be released.

Sounds like a good idea. Count me in, I've got a lil skill at bitmap art and 3d modeling, that is if anyone needs me.

Screw the people complaining, we aren't doing anything to them, if they dont want the items, they don't need to get them simple as that. They are not even dangerous, and with quality control in this plan, they will certainly not be.

I would never let a bunch of crying idiots ruin this great project.

Thumbs up I want to say "Thank You"

There is so much false information being passed around that it's no wonder people who don't hack or completely understand hacking (me included, I admit it) are afraid. They are confused. They're being told it's not safe. Then they're told it is safe. Yes, there are the die hard do everything by the book people who will always complain, but the majority of the people concerned are simply being spun around in circles from all the conflicting information.
    I needed a reliable source of accurate information to settle my fears and I found it here.
    Thank You, all of you.

I will be more than happy to help making objects i can Texture, UV map, and model the mesh. i could also help with the objects code to make some really interesting objects

I think this is a great idea. i don't have the USB gecko, and don't really see a need for it with what i do with hacking, so I dont really plan to get one. I'd love to see what's been done with this though, so I'll look back when you update

>Good plan, but vertex editing will only get you so far. ...
    re: Model editing
    The first version of ITEM_Tool (the name of the new tool) will have limited 3D model editing. I suspect the first batch of hacked DLC will be simple tweeks of existing items. Most of the existing models are small enough to fit (except for some of the big furniture items). Simple tweeking doesn't require 100% knowledge of the formats.
    A full blown model editing solution is a lot harder. You need a greater understanding of the file formats (to both export and import the data into a small enough and compatible format). Also you need to pick a 3D editing tool. 3DMAX is way too expensive. Free options like Blender have their issues (ie. big install, complex, stability, and way overkill for what most people need, ...). This will evolve over time.
    ----
    re: USB Gecko
    In the first version, and for any serious use, a USB Gecko will be required.
    A non-USB Gecko may be possible (using a combination of gamesave editing and runtime 'codes'), but it will be very slow in comparison (ie. one SD card swap and Install to test every little change). This may be added after the first release.
    The USB Gecko is relatively cheap (cheaper than the game disc, at least in the US).