Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hacked" DLC - the New Plan (comments please)

Blog Entries

I have no artistic talent at all but luckily my girlfriend is an amazing artist, we could be a team XD I'll be the USB Gecko guy and she'll do the 3D models

Imagine the look on Nintendo's face when all their slots are taken up and they've only gotten like 40 DLCs out (Nintendo's slow :/)

And DsPet, for this moment in time, you are god. How does it feel? XD
    If you don't go right now and download Garry's Mod, Bill Cosby will look through your window at night.

Talking

haha dragon with the right image in mind your artistic talents will shine.. it dosent matter if your good or not if you have a cool item idea youd make it happen... crummy looking or not haha

Good plan, but vertex editing will only get you so far. Retexturing is about your only option for professional quality work without an MDL0 exporter or some kind of MDL0 tool.

I'm not sure if this will help the process or not, but when Oblivion came out on PC, there was no exporter released by Bethesda that time around. Users were forced to create their own tools. In the early days, the crude workaround was a tool (Niftools) that allowed you to import .obj files into current model files (.nif) to replace the existing model. Niftools has since become much more advanced, but that's how we did it in the early days.

Also, Garage Games has a Torque4Wii engine. As far as I know, you can only get it legally with Nintendo approval though........

It's also possible the T4Wii engine can only do the standard Torque model formats (.dts and .dif) and that you have to send your game into Nintendo when finished and they'd convert it to their format.

The Items me and my Friends want too make are mostly GoW 2 related

Lancer
    Flame Thrower
    Dizzy Hat
    Carmine Helmet
    Gears of War Armor

Megaman Zero's Helmet
    Zero's Saber
    Zero's Armor

From what you said DsPet, It'll be like Hacker(s) VS Hacker(s)

And is it still possible too make an item an animation sprite?

Another question I have is that can you make the Shirts more bulker? (Bigger & Wider and more seeable) I don't know if you get what I'm saying.
    DsPet I really don't wanna make these Items too the open community, just my friends, So basically you can't really trust nobody? Maybe give it too Limited Users that wont leech it out.
    I just don't like the idea of if someone Wins and they have another great Idea the runner up auto chooses his DLC.

Well good luck everyone, I currently have a 3 man Team =)
    Last edited by Zero; 01-20-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Blog Entries

You might need to consider not doing this. I know everyone wants to make their own cool items, but I've seen A LOT of people against this. Those people don't really understand how it works though, and they're telling everyone that these will brick their game. Some have even wrote letters to Nintendo. Of course Nintendo's response was as good as "We dunno" because it was something like this:
    "We haven't tested these items but as far as we know they're dangerous, so don't use them."

Everyone seems to be complaining about it. First because of all that, and also because now everyone's wanting/selling/buying lightsabres and not any other items. It's flooding the boards of most forums out there.

Default Keep it amongst the group

If you use Geckos, Homebrew Channel etc etc. Then you know the risk and reward the can provide. You know how to back up saves, and other precautions to take. I say keep it amongst the HB Community. Even though that will be impossible too do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dragonboy269 View Post
    You might need to consider not doing this. I know everyone wants to make their own cool items, but I've seen A LOT of people against this. Those people don't really understand how it works though, and they're telling everyone that these will brick their game. Some have even wrote letters to Nintendo. Of course Nintendo's response was as good as "We dunno" because it was something like this:
    "We haven't tested these items but as far as we know they're dangerous, so don't use them."

Everyone seems to be complaining about it. First because of all that, and also because now everyone's wanting/selling/buying lightsabres and not any other items. It's flooding the boards of most forums out there.
    You also have the "Legit" players complaining they don't want "hacked" data >__>

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonboy269 View Post

From what i can tell only complete morons are afraid of hacked DLC now, there was just a big uproar the day it came out because no one understood the situtation, but it has settled down for the most part since then. I've explained to alot of people that there is nothing to worry about, and since the main worry of everyone was not having open slots to have nintendos crappy DLC, releasing DLC this way would probably be ok with most people except for the extremely "legit" people since DsPet is in control. We will be able to make much better DLC than nintendo anyways.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklemeemo View Post
    From what i can tell only complete morons are afraid of hacked DLC now, there was just a big uproar the day it came out because no one understood the situtation, but it has settled down for the most part since then. I've explained to alot of people that there is nothing to worry about, and since the main worry of everyone was not having open slots to have nintendos crappy DLC, releasing DLC this way would probably be ok with most people except for the extremely "legit" people since DsPet is in control. We will be able to make much better DLC than nintendo anyways.
    Well, people on ACC are still flaming hackers and saying they're "ruining the game" and stuff