Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DLC How To?

How easy would it be to edit a paper? A friend (who isn't very interested in HDLC) and I were talking about creating paper, wallpaper, or carpet with custom designs to make custom themes like creating Wallpaper or Carpet to make the room look like an actual room from Metroid. We just want to keep our wants simple and easy instead of making something too difficult like creating an item that has an actual 3d model. How complicated would it be to create custom wallpaper, carpet, or paper, where on the ISO would I be able to locate the data (an existing wallpaper, carpet, or paper) I can start playing with to create a blank template, and how should I add the custom wallpaper, carpet, or paper to my save data (preferably without USB Gecko)?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zanoab View Post
    How easy would it be to edit a paper? A friend (who isn't very interested in HDLC) and I were talking about creating paper, wallpaper, or carpet with custom designs to make custom themes like creating Wallpaper or Carpet to make the room look like an actual room from Metroid. We just want to keep our wants simple and easy instead of making something too difficult like creating an item that has an actual 3d model. How complicated would it be to create custom wallpaper, carpet, or paper, where on the ISO would I be able to locate the data (an existing wallpaper, carpet, or paper) I can start playing with to create a blank template, and how should I add the custom wallpaper, carpet, or paper to my save data (preferably without USB Gecko)?
    Uh, why not just make a pattern on the game and then place it on your wall?

The capabilities of this function in-game are painfully limited. I see how it could be appealing to be able to make your own walls/flooring.
    Everywhere at once.

> How complicated would it be to create custom wallpaper, carpet, or paper>
    I haven't figured out how paper is done. It may not be editable/DLC-able.
    The carpet and wallpaper are some of the easier items to edit. No 3D models. They are a single palette and (8bit) texture.
    I don't know the limitations compared to the pattern/PattView approach.
    ----------
    > where on the ISO would I be able to locate the data (an existing wallpaper, carpet, or paper)
    If you have the ISO and an ISO dumper that will extract the image to files (**), then look in the "Item/Wall" and "Item/Carpet" folders.
    The first wallpaper (item code 9FA0) is "Wall0.brres" and the numbers go up from there.
    The first flooring/carpet (item code A2C0) is "Carpet0.brres" and the numbers go up from there. Item codes go up by 4, filenames go up by 1 (decimal). The last few are not in order.
    If you don't know how to dump BRRES files (U8 archives), then wait for ITEM_Tool.
    (**) - please don't ask how to get the ISO dump. It has many legal reverse engineering uses (once you bought the game), but it also can be used for piracy.

just wondering...
    how does OHDLC become HDLC?
    by putting OHDLC on a nintendo server?
    if so, can anyone make HDLC available to the world?
    (i am specifically asking how the light sabers and blue pikmin were made available to the whole world)

also, is it possible to take the ISO of the game, edit items on the ISO, then burn it to a disc so that you have the original copy of the game, then you have another copy with edited items?
    Last edited by bob23646; 06-21-2009 at 12:04 AM.

I don't think he will tell due to the fact it could get out of hand. If someone knew how to, expect probably a HUGE problem. 0_0
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

its just added into the gamesave nothing to do with "hacking into nintedo's servers"

> how does OHDLC become HDLC?
    OHDLC is designed to have many items share the same 'slot' and item code.
    The most popular will get their own item code (and will be permanent HDLC).

> by putting OHDLC on a nintendo server?
    No. The Nintendo servers give away items -- official Nintendo DLC (NDLC) and non-DLC (like flag patterns or built in items). They are active for approximately 2 weeks and country specific. Once Nintendo stops giving them away, you must get them by trading (or install them yourself with EZ_DLC_Install)

> if so, can anyone make HDLC available to the world?
    Yes, once you install them (with EZ_DLC_Install) you can trade them with other non-hackers and 'infect' them with the new DLC.

----
    > also, is it possible to take the ISO of the game, edit items on the ISO...
    Yes that is possible, but a lot of work for very little gain (IMHO). Your changes won't be seen by visitors.
    Please see this thread for general graphic editing discussions: http://game-hackers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1678

NOTE: the tools on this website (ACToolkit, NPC_Tool, PattView, EZ_DLC_Install) let you edit your town so that visitors will see the differences.