Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DLC How To?

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    i am oblivious to this "DLC"..

how were the sabers brought into the game in the first place?

also, people are saying that if nintendo writes over the DLC slots that the hacked items are in, potentially the players wii's can get bricked and all this crap.

opinions? answerS?
    DLC = Download able Content

DsPet Figured how too make Unofficial DLC Items First 3 were the Shiny Blue Pikmin Hat, and The Red and Blue Light Sabers. Nintendo can not write over Hacked DLC Items, Unless Nintendo gets the hex FIRST before the DLC Hacked item, The Wii will not get bricked because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ElecSeifer View Post
    I'd help with the files (if i was setup to do it) DLC is genius and and would bring so much life into animal crossing! I Would love to help with anything if dspet needed it.
    I would too, it doesn't sound as easy as it does. If I knew how to do it I would help him out also.

if it would help at all I found this MDL0 converter here
    http://www.smashworld.org/showthread.php?p=6238583

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ElecSeifer View Post
    if it would help at all I found this MDL0 converter here
    http://www.smashworld.org/showthread.php?p=6238583
    I don't see a download link, so I'm guessing that must cost money. Programs like that generally cost over $1000 you know.... I've seen one that was $25000
    O_o

Anything you read on GameFAQs should be taken with a grain of salt. They've just been blissfully playing the game; they haven't been the ones poring over game data and creating Gecko codes and figuring out this DLC stuff.

I like how they keep asking you to test what happens when two DLC items collide when YOU ALREADY TOLD THEM...

On the other hand, if they're all going nucking futs over this then maybe it would be a good idea to hold back on DLC_Tool...
    Last edited by Potatamoto; 01-18-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by :p View Post
    I used William's Convertor (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HV4PBE9K) to turn the MDL0 file into a DAE file and imported it into 3ds max
    here is the link and some other text.

Edit: i read some things form the game site (gameFAQs or whatever) from just reading the first page seems like their just stupid people that are to stupid to realize how great dlc is!
    Last edited by ElecSeifer; 01-18-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Yes they don't know what their missing, DsPet discovered something awesome =]

> if it would help at all I found this MDL0 converter here
    Thanks that's the best one I found too. That's a great open source utility, but it was written for a different (but similar) game. That's part of what I used to fatten up the light sabre.
    If anyone wants to look at the way 'PolyGroups' are parsed using that program, please let me know [very geeky stuff].

A better solution for 3D editing would be nice, but it may take a lot of work, and time.
    As mentioned, relying on an expensive program like 3DMAX is not a good strategy.

=====
    It will take some time to figure out the ways of making really cool items.
    But IMHO time is on our side. The biggest controversy is the practical limit of 256 DLC items.

I figure if Nintendo releases a new DLC each week and (good) hackers release a different item each week, every week - we will all run out of space in approximately 2 and a half years.
    That's not going to happen. Making quality DLC items takes time and effort (and I don't consider the 'top' a quality item).

A flood of new lame DLC items harms everyone. A slow release of really cool items helps everyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    > if it would help at all I found this MDL0 converter here
    Thanks that's the best one I found too. That's a great open source utility, but it was written for a different (but similar) game. That's part of what I used to fatten up the light sabre.
    If anyone wants to look at the way 'PolyGroups' are parsed using that program, please let me know [very geeky stuff].

A better solution for 3D editing would be nice, but it may take a lot of work, and time.
    As mentioned, relying on an expensive program like 3DMAX is not a good strategy.

=====
    It will take some time to figure out the ways of making really cool items.
    But IMHO time is on our side. The biggest controversy is the practical limit of 256 DLC items.

I figure if Nintendo releases a new DLC each week and (good) hackers release a different item each week, every week - we will all run out of space in approximately 2 and a half years.
    That's not going to happen. Making quality DLC items takes time and effort (and I don't consider the 'top' a quality item)
    How about every month we have a contest to see who made the best non-wi-fi item, and the winner's item gets turned into a DLC release That's better than giving everyone on the site the ability to create DLC.

True..That is why the program should be limited? Also Hackers can remove old DLC they currently do not want. Unlike people that can not hack, they would simply have to erase their ACCF save data...