Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
> Is DsPet really making a DLC_Tool for custom items?
No, that must be a very old post. If interested check the archives. A general purpose DLC creating tool is way too complicated and dangerous.

Summary of the current state of things: (1 year anniversary)
The current process is to use the item editing tools (ITEM_Tool and LMT by me, or others like SZS_Modifier), and make up something cool. Test it and refine it on your Wii (USB Gecko recommended, but you can do it with regular WiiBrew and a lot of SD swapping)
If you come up with something cool, post it and/or send it to me. I'll clean it up where necessary, and release it as OHDLC (unless it is totally lame).
Then after we have enough candidate OHDLCs, we'll have an informal vote to pick the best one/ones to release as permanent HDLCs.
[BTW: I need more items, so if you figured out how to use the item editing tools before, please consider dusting them off to make something new and cool]

----
NOTE: This thread is for discussing EZ_DLC_Install, the tool used to install DLCs (from Nintendo or Hackers) into your gamesave for playing the game.
It does not create new DLC items (that is a much more complicated process, see above)
When you say the SZS_Modifier, what exaclty is that and where can I download it?