Thread: I'm a total noob... (Split posts...Don't Post questions in Releases)

Default I'm a total noob... (Split posts...Don't Post questions in Releases)

I'm a total noob about codes and all, could somebody please point me to a thread explaining all of this to me? I'm using ACToolkit, which seems to no longer be working for extracting or editing my town/pockets. I may reinstall the toolkit in an effort to get it working again, but if codes work just as well I'd like to learn how to use them. Help!!
    Last edited by Maniac; 01-12-2009 at 05:06 PM.

(this is a code release thread - there are other threads for help/suggestions)
    > I'm using ACToolkit, which seems to no longer be working for extracting or editing my town/pockets...
    I suggest getting that working again. The ACToolkit is much easier for most things IMHO - especially for editing town/pockets. It is safer too since you can easily backup your town.
    FWIW: runtime 'codes' can do amazing things impossible with gamesave saving, like running fast or flying (moon jump). If interested, google for "Ocarina" on the Wii (that's the old name for the cheat engine, GeckoOS is the new one)
    But for the basics, stick to ACToolkit.

Thanks DS, once I looked into it a bit more, I realized that I was missing a step, like I thought! I was saving the town to my wiisaves folder on my desktop, but not putting it on the sdcard... I appreciate the help!