Thread: Two Towns, One Friend code? Animal Crossing...

Default Two Towns, One Friend code? Animal Crossing...

hi!

I have a WIFI friend, who has two animal crossing towns.

Somehow she's got them to use the same friend code. She's out of town, else I'd ask her directly.

Does anyone know how this is done? I've made a second town.

I've tried copying over all the other files besides the rvforest.dat, thinking perhaps they controlled the friend codes, but no go.

Anyone know how she does this?

I know I've been to both of her towns, with the same friend code.

Thanks!

She probably exported and imported town maps. Does her character still look the same? If so, then that's probably what she did.
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

I have two towns with the same friend code and I just copied my original save file, edited that one, and now I just switch back and forth between save files. It still uses the same friend code and as long as you keep the save files seperate, they don't interact with one another. Also, it's easier to have two SD cards in order to not mess up the saves and to just save the time and hassle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to velvetrebel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by velvetrebel View Post
    I have two towns with the same friend code and I just copied my original save file, edited that one, and now I just switch back and forth between save files. It still uses the same friend code and as long as you keep the save files seperate, they don't interact with one another. Also, it's easier to have two SD cards in order to not mess up the saves and to just save the time and hassle.
    Thanks!

This same thing came to me last night, on the edge of sleep. Then I kept waking up, dreaming of Animal crossing towns. You know you're addicted when....

Thankfully we *JUST* started the new town, so it won't have wasted too much effort to restart new characters in our new (old) town. I'll just make the old town match our new town, because I love the new layout.

Wait, if I recreate my character, I won't have the same friend code will I? HMM. The whole reason I'm doing this, is that my kids want to start fresh, with the basic houses; they called me a cheater! Can you believe that! But if I start fresh, I'll lose the friend code, right? DANG! I don't have a save of my old town from when I had a basic house.

Perhaps I'll just make a third town, that I can cheat in, with the same friend code as this second town. Then I can have people visit in cheaterville, or uncheaterville.
    Last edited by jettrue; 05-27-2009 at 06:44 AM.