Thread: Please help! Game freeze problem --actoolkit 1.3

Default Please help! Game freeze problem --actoolkit 1.3

Some facts first:
    -- using U.S. retail ACCF Wii disc (not back up)
    -- my Wii is using system 4.1
    -- have homebrew browser, homebrew channel, geckoOS 1.9.2 and everything's been working fine.

I downloaded actoolkit 1.3 to try and first used extractor to save my backup on SD card and my PC before anything. I then edited a file (RVFOREST.DAT) a little bit. Changed a few things in my pocket to test out. Reloaded edited savefile with save file installer and everything seemed fine until I opened my pocket, or drawers. Game just froze.
    I reloaded my original backup and everything seemed fine and back to the original state but still froze when I opened pocket or drawer. Everything else works fine until then.
    I even tried it without loading gecko and just loading straight from disk but still had to freezing problem with the pocket. Why does it do this to my original save file?

Please tell me if there is any way to fix this?
    I am new to this forum but will appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!

Did you put any terrain item in your pocket/drawer by using ACToolkit?
    Remove those then you will be OK.

So be careful since some items like flowers could be a regular item or terrain item, so choose or put the right one in your pocket/drawer.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by zexeri View Post
    Some facts first:
    -- using U.S. retail ACCF Wii disc (not back up)
    -- my Wii is using system 4.1
    -- have homebrew browser, homebrew channel, geckoOS 1.9.2 and everything's been working fine.

I downloaded actoolkit 1.3 to try and first used extractor to save my backup on SD card and my PC before anything. I then edited a file (RVFOREST.DAT) a little bit. Changed a few things in my pocket to test out. Reloaded edited savefile with save file installer and everything seemed fine until I opened my pocket, or drawers. Game just froze.
    I reloaded my original backup and everything seemed fine and back to the original state but still froze when I opened pocket or drawer. Everything else works fine until then.
    I even tried it without loading gecko and just loading straight from disk but still had to freezing problem with the pocket. Why does it do this to my original save file?

Please tell me if there is any way to fix this?
    I am new to this forum but will appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!
    Did you use Ez DLC installer as well?

If so did it give you a warning while you were saving your changes? Also welcome to G-H, if you have any more question feel free to Pm me or another moderator. ^_^

Used savegame extractor/installer that is available for download from the homebrew browser right now. I put a gold rose in my pocket (which I didn't have before in the game) and a few roses in my drawer.
    I don't understand why my original backup won't work either. I didn't edit that at all. I just extracted and saved it.

I opened up my un-edited save game in actoolkit again just to look around and I noticed in the pocket the first item says unknown (item $0000) and all the other pockets that are empty say $FFF1
    all my pocket were empty before I saved my original file so why does the first slot have a different item number? Do you think one of my cheat codes added that? Could that be the problem?

I just don't understand why my original backup won't work either.
    Thanks so much for responding so quickly!

Remove that Unknown Item. That's the culprit.

Also make sure you don't add Snowmen. I don't know why, but the game won't load if you have some in your town.
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SonicHyuga For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHyuga View Post
    Remove that Unknown Item. That's the culprit.

Also make sure you don't add Snowmen. I don't know why, but the game won't load if you have some in your town.
    Okay I removed that unknown item and also decided to add my roses again and everything seems to work now! I can open pocket and everything LOL!
    I wish I knew why that weird code was loaded but it must have to do with my cheat codes or something. Next time I save (backup a game file) I'll do it without the cheats on.

Thank you guys so much! I don't know where I would be without this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by zexeri View Post
    Okay I removed that unknown item and also decided to add my roses again and everything seems to work now! I can open pocket and everything LOL!
    I wish I knew why that weird code was loaded but it must have to do with my cheat codes or something. Next time I save (backup a game file) I'll do it without the cheats on.

Thank you guys so much! I don't know where I would be without this forum!
    Np

Yup, thats what the forums are here for mostly other than releases and discussions it mostly spam xD. Like I said before dont be afraid to pm myself or another moderator.

If you use DsPet's EZ_DLC_Install tool, then you need to check to make sure the items that you have are checked in the program. If there is no data in the save... then the game can't load it. That's why it freezes.
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHyuga View Post
    If you use DsPet's EZ_DLC_Install tool, then you need to check to make sure the items that you have are checked in the program. If there is no data in the save... then the game can't load it. That's why it freezes.
    So it will tell you first if something's wrong with your save file?
    Where can I get that?
    Nevermind I found it.

Thanks again you guys
    Last edited by zexeri; 08-22-2009 at 10:23 PM.