Thread: Accf Music hacking???

Hybrid View

Default Accf Music hacking???

Hey there. I'm new here. I've been a big fan of Animal Crossing for a long time, specifically the GC version. I wasn't so impressed with WW, but I assumed its shortcomings were merely DS limitations, so I was sure City Folk, being on a next-gen system would be a worthy addition with new villagers and themes and buildings and characters. It wasn't. The shortcomings made me research hacking the game, and I realized there was a real community dedicated to it. I was happy to see this, but the only content I could find were simple furniture items, which was also a bit of a letdown.

So, what is it that stops you guys from doing more? Creating buildings and whole themesets and character modifications and such? But anyway, I'm ranting. The real reason I came here is that the music proves a bit depressing for me for some reason, would it be at all possible to replace tracks? Say, the 2:00 PM City Folk track with the 2:00 PM GCN version track? The music bothers me, and I'd prefer to carry the old music over to this game. If this is at all possible I'd really like to know. Thank you for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedochu View Post
    Hey there. I'm new here. I've been a big fan of Animal Crossing for a long time, specifically the GC version. I wasn't so impressed with WW, but I assumed its shortcomings were merely DS limitations, so I was sure City Folk, being on a next-gen system would be a worthy addition with new villagers and themes and buildings and characters. It wasn't. The shortcomings made me research hacking the game, and I realized there was a real community dedicated to it. I was happy to see this, but the only content I could find were simple furniture items, which was also a bit of a letdown.

So, what is it that stops you guys from doing more? Creating buildings and whole themesets and character modifications and such? But anyway, I'm ranting. The real reason I came here is that the music proves a bit depressing for me for some reason, would it be at all possible to replace tracks? Say, the 2:00 PM City Folk track with the 2:00 PM GCN version track? The music bothers me, and I'd prefer to carry the old music over to this game. If this is at all possible I'd really like to know. Thank you for any help.
    1. Nothing stops us from doing more.It takes time and dedication in order to create tools, programs and items.

2.Buildings are not in the Accf Gamesave but in the disc itself. We are
    waiting for Nintendo to settle down with all the DLC, then Dspet will release more items.

3.We can already modify any feature of a character and have the ability to change the look of Npcs.

4.I believe the music in the game is either,super encrypted,or is also in the game disc.

Thet are in the iso but jusr .bres files I think

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

> The music bothers me, and I'd prefer to carry the old music over to this game.
    The best solution is to turn off the Wii sound, and play your favorite music on your stereo or computer
    (AC:GC muzak in MIDI format: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console...x-classic.html )

=======
    For anyone interested in trying to hack this data, here are some pointers:
    The music format on the Wii is a non-standard unknown format (not a .WAV or .MP3)
    Sound files are usually bundled up into a "BRSAR" file.

There are several utilities to rip the data and convert it for some games (Smash Bros etc)
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132117

-----
    For AC:CF, The main sounds are in "Sound/rv_forest.brsar"
    The tools mentioned don't work for AC:CF (as-is). They don't understand the format of the individual sounds. The tools have source, so that may help to figure out the AC:CF sound format.

BTW: It appears to be a similar format used in embedded item data.
    (for example when you get close to the "backyard pool" you hear a water sound, or if you activate the "Blue Falcon" you hear a jet sound)

If someone figured out the format, we could make DLC items with sound

>DLC Items with sounds

Wow that would be very cool! if you put on the pichu hat you can hear "pichu" lol

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    > The music bothers me, and I'd prefer to carry the old music over to this game.
    The best solution is to turn off the Wii sound, and play your favorite music on your stereo or computer
    (AC:GC muzak in MIDI format: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console...x-classic.html )

=======
    For anyone interested in trying to hack this data, here are some pointers:
    The music format on the Wii is a non-standard unknown format (not a .WAV or .MP3)
    Sound files are usually bundled up into a "BRSAR" file.

There are several utilities to rip the data and convert it for some games (Smash Bros etc)
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132117

-----
    For AC:CF, The main sounds are in "Sound/rv_forest.brsar"
    The tools mentioned don't work for AC:CF (as-is). They don't understand the format of the individual sounds. The tools have source, so that may help to figure out the AC:CF sound format.

BTW: It appears to be a similar format used in embedded item data.
    (for example when you get close to the "backyard pool" you hear a water sound, or if you activate the "Blue Falcon" you hear a jet sound)

If someone figured out the format, we could make DLC items with sound
    I think the point was to make wii speak easier too listen to don't know if it's separate

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Area51_Hacker2 For This Useful Post:

I would like to this develop. We have dominated many other festures of the game, and most of our other ACCF apps are already in their final versions. We need custom music now