Thread: Want to mod AC but still want to keep original save

Default Want to mod AC but still want to keep original save

I have version 3.4E and have been playing on Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City for a couple of months now, so do not want to risk losing my town.

However, I really want to mess around and try out some stuff using ACToolkit then eventually go back to my original save. Is this possible?

I've got Gamesave Installer and Gamesave Extractor and have extracted the .dat file of my orginal save, but if I modify this and install it back to the Wii, will it get deleted because I have version 3.4?

To make sure I've safely backed up my entire original save do I need to extract the file as a .bin? If so, how do I go about doing this?

To back it up as a .bin just copy it to the SD card via the Wii Management menu.

I don't think it will get deleted with 3.4 because nothing is Trucha Signed. Just make sure you copy the file you extracted so you always have a backup! So extract it, make a copy, rename it to Original.dat or something, and then edit one of them.

just extract the file with the savegame extractor and copy it to your desktop

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Summersett View Post
    To back it up as a .bin just copy it to the SD card via the Wii Management menu.

I don't think it will get deleted with 3.4 because nothing is Trucha Signed. Just make sure you copy the file you extracted so you always have a backup! So extract it, make a copy, rename it to Original.dat or something, and then edit one of them.
    It won't let you do that I think. It seems any game with a friend code can't be backed up.
    Just copy it to your desktop and then edit the one on your SD card. Then if anything goes wrong just copy the one on your desktop back to your SD card.

Ah, forgot about that. It can easily be worked around though with Gecko OS's rebooter.

Launch Gecko OS, go to Rebooter, turn on the no copy save option, and then press B on the Wiimote.

When the Wii reboots, you will be able to copy the save.