Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having 2 towns? Easy or Hard?

Hybrid View

Default Having 2 towns? Easy or Hard?

I am thinking about trying 2 towns. Is it hard? Because i want to have a supply town and a regular town. Would that be to much to manage? Having to Install the saves each time?

I actually have a 2 town setup.
    I just have 2 folders on my computer; 1 with the normal town and 1 with the hacked town. I just use the save installer to install whichever town I wanna use and switch it up whenever I have then need. Not hard. However, if you have your temporary town on your wii and you somehow lose your original town, you won't be able to get it back, so back everything up; I currently have a backup on 2 computers, a flash drive, and the internet.

You can use the map import and export tool to save your setup, I have a "giveaway setup" [items and flowers for friends in any space available on the town] and a "normal setup" [pathways and no items on the ground].

You can use the same gamesave and import the setup u need and install it.

ALWAYS KEEP AN EXTRA BACKUP LOL
    http://hackcrossingitalia.forumfree.net

I have roughly 13-15 active towns that all serve different purposes. There's nothing hard about it.
    Everywhere at once.

I have one town and it owns every town i have ever seen. I prefer only having one it makes it easier and 12-13 towns is just ridiculous. although 2 wouldn't be hard,

Quote Originally Posted by fvnfish View Post
    I have one town and it owns every town i have ever seen. I prefer only having one it makes it easier and 12-13 towns is just ridiculous. although 2 wouldn't be hard,
    You are rite your town is epic!!!!

I have done the steps advised for having 2 towns, but I want to make sure I do the extracting part right. For say I play in my regular town and do something important then would I just extract and then replace that rvforest file to my regular town file?

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks in advance for any help!

I would do those steps to save that town, but make sure to move the rvforest for the first town into the appropriate folder (if you have one_) on your pc..I always overwrite the previous one, as long as the gamesave worked without wedging. I always label my folders things like "Fieldens-4/27/09 new NPC's" or something so you know before you put it on the sd card what you have. I don't rename the rvforest file at all tho. Then once you've moved the first file safely to your pc, then move the rvforest file to your sd card to play the second town. Of course, make sure you delete the first town's rvforest file on your sd card first..if theres two of those files, it won't load! Hope that helps!
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

OK that helps!! I had tried having 2 towns before but I literally had 2 different towns and I switched them with the wiisaves file. This seems much much easier!

To make sure I have this straight....just extract, go into actoolkit make changes, put the current rvforest file into the correct folder and then put the other town rvforest onto sd card and then install to switch towns

Can you tell I'm not good at computer stuff? And can I put a copy of rvforest file onto another computer without having ACtoolkit for a backup?

Quote Originally Posted by cgriffith86 View Post
    OMG Its ee1vv2aa3nn4
    Hey. Its you from ACC. XD