Thread: AC:CF QUestion - Friend Code

Question AC:CF QUestion - Friend Code

Greetings!

I've been hacking around our family's town for some time with the ACToolkit, so I've got some basic knowledge in this area, but I need some more indepth help from the experts now!

Short version - we had to move our town to a new wii, and all was looking great after transferring it in via the install app on homebrew, until we tried to open the gate or travel to another town. It appears that the friend code for a character is tied, somehow, to the specific wii console. We added a new character, which had to obtain a new friend code from the Nintendo server, and can now travel / open the gate with that character...

So - question is - where in the RVFOREST.DAT file is the friend code for each character? I want to "blank" it to make the game think it's a character asking for the first time...

Anyone know where to find it? I'm doing a binary search on the file looking for the known friend codes, but this is painful and I'm hoping someone out there knows the answer...

Thanks!!!

Blog Entries

Well, I can say good luck searching for it. Nintendo's FC algorithm is tricky tricky. I don't have the offsets for City Folk. Usually when you move saves it'll say you need to be assigned a new FC when you try to connect. Strange that it's not doing that for you.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView