Thread: Help with RTWE on CF?

Exclamation Help with RTWE on CF?

Ok I am using V2 and I was getting some DLC with it yesterday and I put in c85c (I believe that was it) and it froze when I hit the trigger for it. I tried a couple of other ones like c888 ad80 etc. and it does the same thing. Is it the code or the items I am trying to put in?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N1nt3nd0Gam3r View Post
    Ok I am using V2 and I was getting some DLC with it yesterday and I put in c85c (I believe that was it) and it froze when I hit the trigger for it. I tried a couple of other ones like c888 ad80 etc. and it does the same thing. Is it the code or the items I am trying to put in?
    You need to actually have the DLC in your game, if you don't then it's like getting a seed, which freezes the game.
    Always willing to help with anything, code-related or not. :]

OOOOOOOk that makes a loooooot of sense and explains a lot. Is there anyway to do so?

Blog Entries

OOOOOOOk that makes a loooooot of sense and explains a lot. Is there anyway to do so?
    http://game-hackers.com/showthread.p...d-items-in-May

Ok I think I understand what it is supposed to do but I need help. Ok so I just started my town from scratch, there's no previous DLC in it. What do I do with the EZ DLC installer? Do I fill up my pockets with 15 items and a time and place them in my town or house? Then go back and get more? Because this is what I did before. I had 12 DLC items in my house before, then I went and saved and used the DLC installer to get more, not sure which version of it. But I put the next 12 in my pockets and it said the game could freeze or wedge on startup because of the white team hat. So I went and removed that from my house and I installed the save and booted up the game. Well everything worked til I tried to enter my house with the items in my pockets. It froze on the loading screen and even after I went back with AC Toolkit and deleted EVERYTHING it still freezes when I try to go in my house.

TL;DR Can someone give me a short explanation on exactly what to do?

EDIT: Also, would connecting to Wiiconnect24 or w/e put the data in my game so these aren't like seeds anymore? I remember reading in another thread I think that when you do what I did, it's like seeds because it doesn't know what the DLC is...so...should I connect with wifi, then use the DLC tool after?
    Last edited by N1nt3nd0Gam3r; 06-05-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Ok I think I understand what it is supposed to do but I need help. Ok so I just started my town from scratch, there's no previous DLC in it. What do I do with the EZ DLC installer? Do I fill up my pockets with 15 items and a time and place them in my town or house? Then go back and get more? Because this is what I did before. I had 12 DLC items in my house before, then I went and saved and used the DLC installer to get more, not sure which version of it. But I put the next 12 in my pockets and it said the game could freeze or wedge on startup because of the white team hat. So I went and removed that from my house and I installed the save and booted up the game. Well everything worked til I tried to enter my house with the items in my pockets. It froze on the loading screen and even after I went back with AC Toolkit and deleted EVERYTHING it still freezes when I try to go in my house.

TL;DR Can someone give me a short explanation on exactly what to do?

EDIT: Also, would connecting to Wiiconnect24 or w/e put the data in my game so these aren't like seeds anymore? I remember reading in another thread I think that when you do what I did, it's like seeds because it doesn't know what the DLC is...so...should I connect with wifi, then use the DLC tool after?
    Once you install it, the data is still in your game, even if you take it out of your house or don't even have the items with you. Did you remove it by picking it up AND uninstalling the data, or did you just uninstall the data?
    And I wouldn't recommend having Wiiconnect24 turned on if you have homebrew on your Wii.

Why not with the Wiiconnect24? I didn't manually pick it up, but I did take it out with ACToolkit. Just, how do I properly install all of it so that I can have all the DLC on my game without it freezing?

EDIT: I just did some experimenting and here is what I have found. When I put 15 items in my pockets and then go in AC toolkit and I look at items, those are there. If I don't do anything with them, and go put in 15 new ones, those are the only ones in ACtoolkit that I can put in my town, house, etc. Sooo, I took a few and placed them by the gate, and repeated the process above and when I had the 15 new ones, the ones by the gate, became unknown. So HOW DO I PERMANENTLY INSTALL THE DLC? Thanks for all the help, I am sure I am just missing something simple.
    Last edited by N1nt3nd0Gam3r; 06-05-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Just select all of the DLC items you want in EZ_DLC and then just click "Save and Exit". No need to put items in pocket. Then open ACToolkit and place items anywhere in your town and save. Reinstall the save file onto the Wii and your items will be there to pickup.