Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wendell is now helping delivering HDLC design

Default Wendell is now helping delivering HDLC design

Just playing with the soon-to-be-released new version of DiiLC tool which will allow player [1] to get HDLC design (i.e. pattern), [2] to receive foreign (i.e. any region) DLC design and item and choice of associated letter to be delivered by Wendell and Pete respectively, or just [3] to store those designs/patterns and letters (with attached DLC as present).

Here is the youtube video showing Wendell gives *his* new design.

Click to play video.

youtube.com/watch?v=WHFREK3noDM

And here is another video showing Wendell and Pete deliver Kintaro DLC design, item and letter. Cheers.

Click to play video.

youtube.com/watch?v=FvqbbBpnzi4

Last edited by conanac; 05-28-2010 at 10:18 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conanac For This Useful Post:

Good Job.

Blog Entries

Very nice work!
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Cool.

-----
    Unfortunately it looks like Nintendo has stopped their giveaways (their servers have been dark since Mid May).

BTW: (if still interested in programming new stuff for ACCF, here's a suggestion)
    Have you considered a DNS server or proxy server to replace the official Nintendo server? (ie. http://nwcs.wapp.wii.com)
    That way non-Hackers could get DLC as well as your custom letters and patterns via the normal WC24 download (ie. no WiiBrew, no DiiLC; but the custom data you decide to put on the DiiLC server will magically appear in their game, just as if it came from Nintendo).
    That way you could replace the role of the Nintendo servers and Nintendo giveaways (for ACCF users who follow your setup instructions).
    Just a suggestion.

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I dont know much about how to replace DNS server or proxy server.
    Nevertheless, when I just did ping nwcs.wapp.wii.com (just a few minutes ago), I still got the following response
    (and I could still get the rvforestdl files as well, but without the item/design/letter contents, just info.bin as usual when
    they dont distribute DLC):

Pinging a1661.g.akamai.net [65.216.161.18] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 65.216.161.18: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=55
    Reply from 65.216.161.18: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=55
    Reply from 65.216.161.18: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=55
    Reply from 65.216.161.18: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 65.216.161.18:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 10ms, Maximum = 13ms, Average = 11ms

How do you record such clear video?

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like Nintendo has stopped their giveaways (their servers have been dark since Mid May).
    A 'Flag Day' DLC is coming out for the North American region in June. Hopefully it isn't the mayor's ugly mug on a pattern again..

Quote Originally Posted by Area51_Hacker2 View Post
    How do you record such clear video?
    I used USB video capture from Roxio (I think it is part of a package of "Easy VHS to DVD").
    And I chose the recommended HQ type when capturing these game videos (and stored and uploaded them
    as mpg files, but not sure what the processes youtube did to them). So there is no trick or secret
    recipe for this one.

Cheers.

re: Nintendo servers dark
    That's what I meant. They are still up and running, but have no item data (ie. just the trivial file)
    Who knows if they will release anything new.

re: proxy server and other internet programming to replace Nintendo's giveaways
    If anyone is interested, there are a number of open source programs that do similar things (usually running on a PC but some run on servers). More common for the PS3 than the Wii (essential if you want to side-step the firmware upgrade that disables Linux on the PS3). Also an opportunity to learn a different kind of programming (that isn't tied to one game and one platform). Just a general suggestion.