Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Editing Tools - early alpha (USB Gecko or gamesave)

Default Item Editing Tools - early alpha (USB Gecko or gamesave)

FYI: the Item Tool editing tools have been discontinued.
    For a number of reasons, they are too complicated to use, discuss and share the results.

---------
    OLD CONTENT:

ITEM_Tool and LMT early alpha version - ALPHA 2
    http://www.aibohack.com/wii/itemtool.htm

Bug fixes in tools, a few more tutorials written.
    For Hat editing, check out out tutorial #8 with a workaround http://www.aibohack.com/wii/itemtool.htm#TUT8

The main tutorials are written for USB Gecko owners only.
    Supports US/NA version and EU/UK/OZ PAL version. Japanese version maybe later (ie. RUUE or RUUP only. Not RUUJ)

For people without a USB Gecko, you can use the slow process of uploading to a gamesave. This will give you a flavor of what is possible. The results are the same as the USB Gecko approach, but the process is much much slower.
    http://www.aibohack.com/wii/itemtool_slow.htm
    Last edited by DsPet; 05-25-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: alpha 2 + patch_hat

Even though I don't have a USB Gecko, and most likely won't get one, I'm still downloading this, just to see what it looks like, xD.

I'm glad it finally got release. Good job DS!

Blog Entries

When thing I noticed dspet is when you click the scale, then yes if you look under ah wth I'll upload a pic.. other wise nice job! and thanks :]

Edit:.. went to put it on my flash drive and Item tool seems to want to export to where my other program is still >_>
    Last edited by Maniac; 04-04-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Finally ... This is the reason I bought a USB Gecko...
    I'll try it later this week...

Does this work for non USB gecko owners?

> Does this work for non USB gecko owners?
    The mechanism is in place, but the tutorial isn't finished yet. Please check back later today (or Monday). I'll make a tutorial for creating a green light sabre using the gamesave approach (no USB Gecko) and ITEM_Tool. "LMT" use is also possible but not recommended because of the slow turn around time.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DsPet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    > Does this work for non USB gecko owners?
    The mechanism is in place, but the tutorial isn't finished yet. Please check back later today (or Monday). I'll make a tutorial for creating a green light sabre using the gamesave approach (no USB Gecko) and ITEM_Tool. "LMT" use is also possible but not recommended because of the slow turn around time.
    Okay, cool! Is it possible to make a master sword? How to you edit the 3D models? I mean actuall adding parts on, Not just recolouring or resizing.

> How to you edit the 3D models? I mean actuall adding parts on, Not just recolouring or resizing.
    That's a much harder problem. Eventually someone may come up with a tool to create brand new 3D models, perhaps exploiting one of the free or inexpensive 3D modelling tools used for games. But not right now. Things are primitive (that's why it is called Lame Model Tool). In the mean time you can still do a lot with the existing models
    [the existing master sword furniture item is not a great place to start for a number of reasons]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DsPet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    > How to you edit the 3D models? I mean actuall adding parts on, Not just recolouring or resizing.
    That's a much harder problem. Eventually someone may come up with a tool to create brand new 3D models, perhaps exploiting one of the free or inexpensive 3D modelling tools used for games. But not right now. Things are primitive (that's why it is called Lame Model Tool). In the mean time you can still do a lot with the existing models
    [the existing master sword furniture item is not a great place to start for a number of reasons]
    Oh. Okay. I really want a master sword.