Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I send my Wii to Nintendo with HBC there?

Default Should I send my Wii to Nintendo with HBC there?

dang it, my Wii DVD motor broke!!!!
    now I gotta send it to NIntendo for repairs (they charging me 85 bux btw, Im glad Im not the one ripping off for service! (just for free games))

Im sure they will update my system to 3.4 when they fix it, so what if I delete the HBC? can I install it again on a 3.4 Wii? can I use the twiliight hack on the latest wii update? Wii they know some of my VC games are actually installed wads? or they wouldnt bother to check those details since they are pretty busy?

you can downgrade i did when i had 3.4

Why not try fixing it yourself?
    Last edited by oni_kalmiya; 02-20-2009 at 07:14 PM.

You can try to remove it then re-install it. It took me 3 hours just to install it on 3.4 0_o
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

yeah I have downgraded my wii from 3.4 to 3.2 but I had the HBC then to help me
    so thats my question, what if I dont have ythe HBC installed and I have a 3.4 Wii? is twilight hack going to work?

Blog Entries

Yes the twilight hack supports 3.4 but is deleted upon reboot of the wii or anytime you run another channel. So if you're on 3.4 and install the twilight hack you have to run it immedialetly after copying it to your wii.

> what if I dont have ythe HBC installed and I have a 3.4 Wii? is twilight hack going to work?
    Yes it works great. As mentioned you need to follow the instructions and do the HBC install immediately after the Twilight gamesave install
    [to clarify, the 3.4 system will only delete the Twilight data - not the HBC after it is installed]
    =======
    Deleting the HBC yourself is probably a good idea (along with any other "unauthorized" software).
    In general if you send your console for service, you should plan that you may lose everything on it. That includes the HBC, any older version of the system software and in some rare cases the saved games.

Remember, they are trying to fix your hardware. They don't care as much for the stuff on the console. They will upgrade the firmware without your permission. That's a known issue: http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/06/...net-not-happy/
    If they find other problems, they may totally reflash the memory.

So in general if you have important things on your Wii, back them up.
    Good luck

but if Nintendo turn it on they'll invalidate your warranty because of your HBC right?

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

I've heard of people who have sent it in and got it repaired with the HBC on there, and the HBC was still on there when they got it back. It seems like Nintendo really doesn't care about homebrew as long as it isn't being used to pirate stuff.

kk thank you everybody, I deleted the HBC and all my wads, i left no trace of hacks there, and of course I backed up all my saved data and even hacked channels, lol I found out that I can copy VC wads back to the Wii if I reboot it using Gecko OS and the "copy bypass" turned on
    they will ship it on monday or so they said, and its gonna get back to me in 16 days.