Thread: Is This Possible?

Default Is This Possible?

Is it possible to take a 3D model from another game (ex. StarFox, F-Zero, Kirby, etc.), scale it down, and then use it to replace the 3D image of an item (ex. Brown Pot) so you'd have like a model of one of your favorite characters?
    If you don't go right now and download Garry's Mod, Bill Cosby will look through your window at night.

No, items that are already in the game can not be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by thrash View Post
    No, items that are already in the game can not be replaced.
    Not even upcoming DLC or existing DLC? (I REALLY hate that top!)
    If you don't go right now and download Garry's Mod, Bill Cosby will look through your window at night.

> Is it possible to take a 3D model from another game ...and then use it to replace the 3D image of an item...
    This may be possible for your own local game. I'm looking into doing something like that for editing item graphics (see "The New Plan" proposal)
    > (I REALLY hate that top!)
    Yeah it is pretty lame - but you don't need it. Currently we have a lot of empty space so we don't need to change existing items.

DsPet surely taking content from other games is going beyond reasonable reverse engineering?

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

> DsPet surely taking content from other games is going beyond reasonable reverse engineering?
    True, I was answering the second half of the question.
    As far as stealing graphics from other games, that's a different question about copyright.
    Probably not an issue in our case - it will probably be easier to create from scratch than trying to deal with different file formats from different games.