Thread: need info on hacking for animal crossing city folk

Default need info on hacking for animal crossing city folk

Questions I have re: hacking
    **Which is the best SD card to get in order to do this?
    **How do you know which version wii you have?
    **Every one says keep extra backups - are you sayingto backup on more than 1 SD Card or can you save backups to different file folders in a designated location on your PC?

If someone could direct me to threads/posts that answer this info I would really appreciate it. I have never hacked before and I want to hack animal crossing city folk for the grass.

Thank you
    Sheryl25
    Last edited by sheryl25; 03-25-2010 at 08:55 AM.

Hello, I am fairly new to the forum and also to the toolkit.

but in answering your questions.

1. a 1-2gb is required. i had a friend say it wont read a 4gb card. My suggestion is a 2gb, as that is what I use.
    2. On your wii menu > in the bottom left corner, click on the "WII" > wii settings> your wii version should be in the top right hand corner of the screen.
    3. Back ups. From the tutorials i read, using bootmii to back up your wii can help later if it is to brick.
    But with your RVFOREST files, which is the saved CF games you extract. The more the better, as sometimes files can get corrupted and the wii wont accept the file. So then you can back track. I save my game almost every 3rd day. You can use folders and date them if that helps.

I can not provide any links but I Hope these helped answering your questions.

Smile Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by com103 View Post
    Hello, I am fairly new to the forum and also to the toolkit.

but in answering your questions.

1. a 1-2gb is required. i had a friend say it wont read a 4gb card. My suggestion is a 2gb, as that is what I use.
    2. On your wii menu > in the bottom left corner, click on the "WII" > wii settings> your wii version should be in the top right hand corner of the screen.
    3. Back ups. From the tutorials i read, using bootmii to back up your wii can help later if it is to brick.
    But with your RVFOREST files, which is the saved CF games you extract. The more the better, as sometimes files can get corrupted and the wii wont accept the file. So then you can back track. I save my game almost every 3rd day. You can use folders and date them if that helps.

I can not provide any links but I Hope these helped answering your questions.
    In regards to answer #3 when you say use bootmii to back up your wii could you give me a little more explanation on that. I have 2 2GB SD cards to start with and I will get another this weekend. When you save your game every 3 days I know you save to SD Card but do you then copy iot to your computer also. And you said use folders and date them, does that mean on the SD Card and if so can you set up the folder on SD card when you are doing the backup on the wii.
    Also I read to format SD Card (I bought the Sandisk for Wii) before anything and to format to FAT. Does this sound correct?

I know some of my questions may sound stupid of me but this is how I get everything straight in my mind before I take the plunge and hack.
    Any help would be appreciated