Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: First official Animal Crossing DLC

Okay, this is weird... I left one of my test towns installed on the Wii for the last couple days. This town has WC24 disabled in-game (but not on the Wii). I went to inject the red Pikmin and discovered that the content had already been downloaded into the save file, nevermind the fact that this town has never come into contact with the DLC.

Perhaps it was sent out already via WC24, but not yet officially sent to us by Nintendo? Or is this a side effect of me using Savegame Installer/Extractor to use like 5 different towns on my Wii? Can someone who hasn't come into contact with the item yet try to add it to their inventory?

Hmm...I'll try that in a sec. And did you have ONE town with WC24 enabled? Or were they all offline?

>> So dspet, how is the recompression coming?
    > Slowly. AFAIK: Nobody has an (working) open source implementation of the decompressor, much less an acceptable compression/recompression tool.
    Well I have a working decompressor now, and a dumb compressor (it will compress simple items, but if the texture/model is too big it won't fit into the DLC size limit). It needs more work.
    If anyone with data compression experience wants to play around with existing "LZH" style compressors and try to fit the parameters needed let me know.
    Some teaser photos on my site: http://aibohack.com/wii/
    (my favorite one so far, using a chess piece to chop down a tree - looks like a chess piece you put in your house, but acts like a golden axe)

Blog Entries

Zeld is probably your best bet for any help with data compression.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

xD DsPet!
    Headless hat. I want it!

Blog Entries

bahahahaha Headless hat.. XD so want that... Anywho Zeld is deffinatly your best bet for compression things :\

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

> Well I have a working decompressor now, and a dumb compressor
    Minor update: I added a true Huffman tree, and a relatively simple repeated range detector, and now it compresses better than the original (at least for the one test case)
    Original Compressed: 5028 bytes, uncompressed: 10624 bytes, recompressed: 5004 bytes!
    Some of the very large items (especially furniture) still won't fit, but compression is no longer the bottleneck.

Any progress on DLC_Tool? (I know, it's been only a few days. They're running so slowly as I wait )

How much space are you actually allowed for a single DLC item? And is there a way to make more space (for a bigger item, or to add even more items)?

> Any progress on DLC_Tool?
    It works quite well for a local town (see teaser photos). I'm still investigating the WiFi issues. I won't release it until it is relatively safe for the non-WiiBrew community. That may take some time.
    > How much space are you actually allowed for a single DLC item? And is there a way to make more space (for a bigger item, or to add even more items)?
    For the texture, 7792 bytes (compressed size, including the "ASH0" header). That's good enough for most of the simple items, but not the more complicated furniture.
    AFAIK: no legit way to make it larger, but you may be able to trick the game by using two consecutive 'slots'. There are a total of 256 slots, and that is not going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    the WiFi issues
    What exactly are the WiFi issues? Does it not transfer the new item properly, or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    There are a total of 256 slots, and that is not going to change.
    That's because it's accessed using a (4-digit hex code, was it?) Could you somehow make a single hex code point at a few items, and then get another number to select the individual item?