Thread: [iPhone Doodle Jump] - Skins!

Default [iPhone Doodle Jump] - Skins!

So anyone who has an iPhone/iPod touch will almost certainly have played or owns Doodle Jump its a truly fantastic game and if you've been living under a rock somewhere and you've never played it add it to your bucket list and do it quick!

One of the first features to be added to the game was the ability to change what Doodle - the character - looked like including cross overs with other iPhone applications like Pocket God and festively themed skins such as the Christmas or Easter skin.

Looking through the files today - virtue of iFile unregistered version from Cydia - I discovered that each of these skins really was just a bunch of png files so I thought I'd try changing some things and the result is:

Using the jetpack (Or as I like to now call it the Pidgepack):

Firing the seed thingies which kill the aliens(Pokeballs):

This skin itself is relatively poor with irregular image sizes and sort of guessed layout for things such as the jetpack which is a tile based image but I'm hoping it'll start off something akin to the AC:CF DLC (though of course not nearly as massive)

If you'd like to try out this skin simply download these two files:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m3metdmhdhy/Original.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m2y5ugnmj4h/Snorlax.zip

Move them into your DoodleJump.app folder:
    /var/mobile/Applications/4D4AD...CD1413/DoodleJump.app
    Using iFile from cydia (No need to purchase) and unzip!
    Unzipping the Snorlax.zip will as you might expect replace your files with the relavent files for Snorlax and Unzipping the Original.zip will change them back to your regular game.

Notes:
    - I replaced the Easter skin (selected by choosing Bunny as your player name) however the nose or lik-njuska.png is common to many of the skins from within the game and therefore you may notice odd image changes when using other skins though this should cause no harm to your iDevice
    - All editing is done at your own risk and you may not distribute these files outside of Game-Hackers.com though feel free to share the links ^^

UPDATE1: I intend to release a Mario skin later today with such features as custom icons, enemies, backgrounds and more!!!
    Last edited by Area51_Hacker2; 04-18-2010 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Update :)

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Area51_Hacker2 For This Useful Post:

SWeetness. HEy does this work for the new one, were, if you slide the bottom of the screen it automatically changes?

Indeed, this only works for the latest version(s) which include the easter update allowing the bunny costume which wasn't included as a swipe theme, all the other swipe themes are still selectable but because of the Snorlax theme their nose might disappear when you shoot.

Although you can change all of the themes and do much more than I did in the Snorlax tester I intend to make a full theme shortly when I finish my brothers Jailbreak

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted: