Thread: My adventures with the Wii SD slot

Blog Entries

Default My adventures with the Wii SD slot

Much to my surprise yesterday, I learned the SD slot on my Wii is broken. My friend confessed to sticking an SD card in the wrong way, which is the reason for the broken slot. Here's where the fun began. I went to open up my Nintendo Wii with a standard screwdriver set. After digging around for a little while, I discovered the wonder that is the triwing screw. Anybody from the Gamecube days will remember this badboy. Now, I searched and searched through my tools only to be disappointed. I tried countless alternatives, even molding one from hot plastic. After doing a little research, I learned of the Husky 8-in-1 screwdriver set that is supposed to have a head that works on triwing screws. I am now leaving to search for this magical screwdriver...

Okay, so I found the screwdriver set at Home Depot. I returned home and got my Wii completely open. Where's the SD slot? On the complete bottom. I had to take apart EVERYTHING inside of my Wii. When I finally reached the SD slot, I realized there's not a lot to be done with it. So after fiddling with it, I went to closing the Wii back up. This was another hour, of an already 3 hour long journey. After the whole process was complete, I had 11 screws leftover and 2 rubber circles. My Wii lost a lot of weight today, and it's still completely operational. How about the main goal? I inserted my SD card into the very "iffy" slot, proceeded to the memory management screen, clicked the SD Card button, and just as I had expected I was greeted with "Nothing is inserted in the SD Card slot."

What a waste of my life...
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

yes, I remember those bastards, couldn't find mine from the Gamecube days, so I bought a new one when I got my modchip for my Wii back in like March or so.

Powerful Magnets?

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Blog Entries

I always just used a flat screwdriver >__> lol

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

well some good news for you bro, you can order the tri-wing online form machine mart
    and if thats no good, you can use the usb slot more with geko or somethin.
    ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̕̕̕ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̕̕̕ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕

Blog Entries

I finished my story. What a waste, but my Wii is now 5 lbs lighter! haha
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

i got my interwebs cut lastnight before i could post the link to the
    screwdriver tri-wing..

so here it is
    Code:
    http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cht309-30-pce-tamperproof-bit-set/path/screwdrivers-bits-hex-key-sets-2
    ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̕̕̕ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕ ̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̕̕̕ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̕̕