Thread: AC:NL Hacking??

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    Thanks for sharing! It looks a nice project so far! Hopefully it continues being updated. If I had some time and a flash cart, I would look into creating a standalone editor (not web based).

Edit: It doesn't look like I'd need a flash cart, just time.
    That would be awesome :O

Virus, is it alright if we start posting RAM codes for this game on this forum?
    3DS Friend Code: 4699-6293-3106

Sure! Feel free!

It would be awesome to see a program like ACToolkit! I know there's one that's web-based but I have a feeling those won't stay up for long. Somebody made a program where you can edit the acres but the link to it is already dead. I managed to snag it just in time, though.

A program itself, especially one that works offline would be wonderful.
    I'm not a programmer at all but if you need something like the .ram files or even the Acre editor program that someone made, I can provide those.

Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to finish another ACToolkit. Would anyone be interested in contributing code for a community created editor? If so, I can set up a repository and look into providing some code as a starting point.

Would this editor rely on the web browser exploit in 9.5.0-x - 9.5.0-22? Also, what programming language is this program going to be written in?
    3DS Friend Code: 4699-6293-3106

As far as I know, that web browser exploit is the easiest way of doing it. If the original creator of the exploit doesn't mind, we should be able to have a save editor start up a web server and serve the exploit within your local network. I was thinking C++/Qt, but I'm currently not planning on contributing much. Any preference on language?