Page 35 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: ACToolkit v1.3 For Windows & v1.0 For Mac OS X

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NavadeHo View Post
    Don't release without house/Tom Nook's shop editor (Name editor and all things that were in the DS version)
    He will get around to those, the name editor may never come out as there are more strings or occurances in the AC:CF game than there were in AC:ww..

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jonjosh View Post
    If you do decide to make a savegame extractor and installer can you make it backup compatibility because I only have the backup.
    I think it's obvious that he's NOT going to make it compatible with backups simply because he can't. In an earlier post Virus stated that the disc NEED to be in the wii before it could write the savegame. So, since wii's without modchips can't read backup discs, it's not going to work. Besides that, the game is worth getting it for real.

Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Even though it's a small step forward, it's still great that the wiimote works. AND that it's one program to do both. I never bother to take out the DS card though. There are enough programs that can tranfer the save wireless (e.g. ftpii).
    Quote Originally Posted by Riku98523 View Post
    SD* Card
    Hmm, yeah, a little typo in my quickness, but I think the message should still be clear.

Virus/DsPet: a couple of pages back I asked if you could make the borders between the acres visible (e.g by a thicker line), but I haven't seen any reply to that. Does that mean that you're not gonna do it Seems to be a pretty easy modification.

I only read uptop post 25 so i appologise if any of this has been covered i have a couple of querys/suggestions

an item search ability in the town editor

a larger grid line showing the acre seperation on the town editor map

the ability to edit grass, from what ive seen the game has worn out grass just from running around on it cosntantly which regenerates over time and perminant dirt patches assuming these arent hard coded to the acre tile it would be ncie to be able to edit their layout

is the acre map a complete mapset? i just wonder because of the 3 tier'd tiles that only appear to exist in the transision section one would assume that there would be boundry tiles and normal tiles and river tiles to match these, i'm using a 3 tierd town and you can see its not wuitre right it would be ncie if these were added in if they exist, ive yet to see any screenshots from legit 3 teir'd towns to be able to provide for confirmation and such

also on a somewhat related note, does anyone know where to get a good set of screenshots of buildings? i'd like to be able to see where the buildings go on each type of acre tile with a path so i can align mine corretly

keep up the good work

Blog Entries

On the to do list, he has "Restore/Remove grass" crossed off, which means it has been done. It will probably be in a future release.

The only thing I believe needs to be added for a all around good editor is building sizes. Someone did take a screenshot recently of the sizes so it should not be to hard to include at some point.
    For all the Noobs out there http://tinyurl.com/683wwm please learn something today.

> Don't release without ... all things that were in the DS version...
    BTW: The DS AC:WW Map Editor evolved over 1+ year (mostly useful features, but some dumb ones too). Assuming we find more fun things in the AC:CF version, ACToolkit may have a long life. Don't expect everything right away.
    --
    > is the acre map a complete mapset?
    It is complete (matches a data file from the game). The "3rd tier" is very limited. If you put it at the very top of your town (north west or north east corner) it can mesh with the "high elevation".
    >...one would assume that there would be boundry tiles and normal tiles and river tiles to match these
    They use a single bit for the elevation, so there are only 2 official elevations.
    > ive yet to see any screenshots from legit 3 teir'd towns
    Me either. They may not appear in legit semi-random generated towns. That's not new -- other acre types aren't used either (eg: high elevation ocean and beach, or low elevation waterfall). BTW: The in-game map does not show the 3rd tier in a different color.

IMHO the tools are to make cool and unique things, not as a substitute for playing the game normally and making totally normal looking towns.

@tcm1998 and CyberAxe:
    I may look into implementing a grass editor so that you can draw out your own paths. You will only be able to restore all or remove all of the grass in the next release. The grid color between acres will also be changeable.

Default 3 tiers

Hi all, I've used this brilliant mapeditor to mod my town and created a 3rd tier to place my house on, works quite well, i'm gonna work on one that is full width across to see if that works. Would be helpfull tho in future releases if we knew what the different numbers in the acre editors look like either in the editor itself or in some kind of guide. cheers for all the hard work tho guys!!!

Ill suggest a museum completer?

also, when can we expect beta 5 by??

A request: "Kill Resetti" button. I'm not requesting anything permanent, of course; but when you're testing with this application, it's a pain to have to save after every try... especially if you've made an error.

So being able to just turn the power off and hit a "Kill Resetti" button would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni-Neoxes View Post
    Im banned from ACC right now for 48 Hours because I Proved someone wrong.