Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How not to hack animal crossing city folk lol check this out

Its always a real let down when one figures out they wasted their time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nicc View Post
    Its always a real let down when one figures out they wasted their time.
    Indeed it is

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Have you located the music files in the disc?

I've searched, but the only thing I found was title.brstm (which was the main theme) and rv_forest.brsar. (which I'm positive is only sound files, right?)
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

yep those are the only sound files. The brsar is like a zip archive it has all the fun stuff inside as for decompressing it
    I do not have a clue on how to decompress it. Nintendo always spoils the fun.

Blog Entries

I couldn't make a code out of this if I tried. I messed with texture hacks on ACWW though. I replaced the moon with a bunch of red pixels. I'm still waiting for the new USB Gecko SE to be released http://usbgecko.com/ (apparently it's gonna be released on Monday). Until then I can't really do anything with ACCF.
    Always willing to help with anything, code-related or not. :]

>... The brsar is like a zip archive it has all the fun stuff inside as for decompressing it
    > I do not have a clue on how to decompress it. Nintendo always spoils the fun.

FYI: The "BRSAR" file structure has been figured out. There are two old tools that do this (see http://hcs64.com/vgm_ripping.html under "brsar tools")
    They are old tools, but they come with source code.
    They won't convert/export the sound files in the "rv_forest.brsar" archive, but they will decode the archive format (and complain that it doesn't understand the individual record format)
    (there may be newer tools, but they usually focus on specific games and don't come with source code)

Interestingly, it would seem someone's been able to crack the particular BRSAR format, and extract the files to make his own AC:CF soundtrack. Me and one other user have asked him about this on a video, however he has yet to respond to either comment.
    12-6 Cloud ?

Quote Originally Posted by ♦AnimalForestFan♦ View Post
    Interestingly, it would seem someone's been able to crack the particular BRSAR format, and extract the files to make his own AC:CF soundtrack. Me and one other user have asked him about this on a video, however he has yet to respond to either comment.

I recorded them without SFX by editing the brsar file on the game disc and Riivolution to use the modified brsar. However this one is done without hex editing files. It's recorded by having my town tune being silence. Every hour you hear your town tune without bgm playing, but because bunny day is not effected and your town tune is silence you can record it without sfx."

I recorded them without SFX by editing the brsar file on the game disc and Riivolution to use the modified brsar. However this one is done without hex editing files. It's recorded by having my town tune being silence. Every hour you hear your town tune without bgm playing, but because bunny day is not effected and your town tune is silence you can record it without sfx."

Still, that doesn't exactly explain how to go about unpacking the sound files.
    12-6 Cloud ?

Hi,
    How to replace the textures in the .brres files ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by sdimitri31; 07-19-2011 at 06:17 AM.