Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DSi

Default DSi

In fully realizing that the DSi is super-encrypted, how long do you think it would take for it to make a homebrew for the DSi? I do realize flashcarts such as R4 don't work on the DSi.. (I tried it myself anyway.) I just wanted to know because a homebrew on DSi would be nice.
    Don't argue with stupid people. They only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

i got a DSI today! wasnt expecting it either! Bonus

That didn't really answer my question but.... okay.
    Don't argue with stupid people. They only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Well, I'm not completely sure but I would guess somewhere in the 2-3 month range. Should be around near the beginning of Summer Vacation. I think it should be possible based on the fact that the DSi uses banners which can be hacked like the Wii's program, bAnNeRbOmB. They are more encrypted than on past systems (the banners). Another way (I was reading this the other day on DSiBrew) would be to corrupt an image and to view it through the Internet Channel. The ups of this would be the fact that this is actually running in the DSi Native mode, meaning we would have access to the DSi's Camera's, Ability to connect to WPA encrypted access points and much more (playing sound, updates features). This could be a more realistic possibility, at least in the beginning. It has actually been proven that Opera can be crashed by a purposely corrupted image. You can find that on DSiBrew, or the Opera crash report database. The corrupted image would be a good exploit. I believe that Nintendo would have this fixed within a week, but we would know more information and be able to tell more about the DSi even if we only had a week. We could also just keep developing new images (most of the time, Nintendo is pretty dumb when they fix these type of things).
    In any case, can't wait for someone who knows their codeing to get started on this. There are many at DSibrew, but nothing has been discovered yet. Another way you could help would be by downloading the DSi common key bruteforcer. If you happened to find the common key, upload it to DSibrew. Here is the link for the bruteforcer.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zjmtdybjlum
    http://siestacat.webs.com/GetAttachment.jpg

I think bannerbomb is probably the best way. I'll see what happens. If not, I'll go buy myself an acekardi..

Hey, you guys know how ar does not work with dsi? What if we took and sent it as a ds download station demo? Some people like *cough* have the ar rom if that would be needed. But If I am correct we cant because we are missing some code or some thingy that only nintendo has.

Ah, now ur thinking with ur dipstick! anyway, Yeah thats a remotely possible idea. Hears the thing. Download stations are run with a ds itself with a game cartridge from nintendo that brodcasts the game. This means that we would need to hack that game and put the AR rom on it. It would take a while to download, because the AR rom is a large file, and not a demo, but its a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Hacker View Post
    I think bannerbomb is probably the best way. I'll see what happens. If not, I'll go buy myself an acekardi..
    The problem with ACEKARDi is the fact that it runs in DS mode, and not DSi native mode. Other wise I would go buy one myself. We can't use camera's, extra memory, faster processor, etc while we are using the ACEKARDi.
    http://siestacat.webs.com/GetAttachment.jpg

Yeah I know about download stations.I downloaded a whole bunch of em and put em on my cyclods evo. I have three ds's so if it isnt hazardous I could do testing. But heres the thing that makes me think that it is possible. When the rom boots up you can eject the cylco ds and it still runs. So I assume it is stored on the little bit of ds memory. And if you use a ds lite to broadcast to a dsi I assume the dsi can handle slightly more memory?

Quote Originally Posted by siestacat View Post
    The problem with ACEKARDi is the fact that it runs in DS mode, and not DSi native mode. Other wise I would go buy one myself. We can't use camera's, extra memory, faster processor, etc while we are using the ACEKARDi.
    I wouldn't care too much for the camera, but the other stuff I'd like to use.. meh. Now I'm not getting one at all.