Thread: NPC_Tool - Animal Villager Customization

Hybrid View

I've followed Virus's format. Check the front page for a "TODO" list (ie. add requests here, and they may get folded into the TODO list).

re: Names and Catchphrases in other languages.
    As mentioned, use the change "Prototype" feature and the default names/catchphrases will be reset for all 7 languages. Customizing them after that is English only (for now).
    re: custom shirts
    Simple to add a customize shirt option. Each NPC can hold a custom pattern as well. I won't be supporting that.
    ------
    BTW: if someone is interested in writing a pattern import/editing tool, you can write it separately from the existing tools (like Thulinma's AC:WW editor: http://www.xs4all.nl/~aviator/acww )
    =====
    > Similar DS Release please?
    The ancient AC:WW Map Editor already has NPC customization features, for what is possible. In the DS version the names and textures are hard coded, and can't be customized.
    Last edited by DsPet; 12-09-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Ah bummer I guess I'll have to keep working on the rom patcher then

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Question Moving NPC's

Can an edited (like edited texture and name) villager move to a friend's town? My friend wants a cat I made called Catboot to move to his town.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marioANDluigi95 View Post
    Can an edited (like edited texture and name) villager move to a friend's town? My friend wants a cat I made called Catboot to move to his town.
    Yes eventually they will move away and still keep their new name and new textures. At least that's what I remember.