Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: NPC_Tool - Animal Villager Customization

> so you would have to use an ISO in conjunction with a save file to make a PROPER custom villager?

It is a lot of work, and it would only work in your town, when you view your town.
    When visitors came to your town, it would use the builtin model (on their ISO).
    See this thread for more discussion: http://game-hackers.com/threads/1678...ation-Requests

--

That's the cool part about NPC_Tool, the customized textures are seen by all visitors to your town.

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    > so you would have to use an ISO in conjunction with a save file to make a PROPER custom villager?

It is a lot of work, and it would only work in your town, when you view your town.
    When visitors came to your town, it would use the builtin model (on their ISO).
    See this thread for more discussion: http://game-hackers.com/threads/1678...ation-Requests

--

That's the cool part about NPC_Tool, the customized textures are seen by all visitors to your town.
    I actually have a question for you, DsPet. Since the textures are also stored on the save file, does this mean Nintendo was planning on DLC for the characters but scrapped the idea?
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

I feel like the biggest idiot on the planet.
    I defiantly need NOOB instructions on how to get to do this.
    I have NPC tool obviously. I export the textures and they go onto my SD card.
    That works fine also.
    The when I open the folders on my SD to find the NPC bitmaps they are all there.
    I try and replace them, I've used paint, and tried to just replace them by copy and paste.
    I downloaded Orbit (Great edit btw) and when I replace the bitmaps he turns yellow. The palette bitmap changes to the green shades but all the other bitmaps turn yellow. Someone please help me before I jump off a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by MOCKING-JAY View Post
    I feel like the biggest idiot on the planet.
    I defiantly need NOOB instructions on how to get to do this.
    I have NPC tool obviously. I export the textures and they go onto my SD card.
    That works fine also.
    The when I open the folders on my SD to find the NPC bitmaps they are all there.
    I try and replace them, I've used paint, and tried to just replace them by copy and paste.
    I downloaded Orbit (Great edit btw) and when I replace the bitmaps he turns yellow. The palette bitmap changes to the green shades but all the other bitmaps turn yellow. Someone please help me before I jump off a bridge.
    Have you tried changing the bitmap's color table to the palette colors you want?

So, long story short, NPC_Tool will not run on Windows 7? No matter what I try, it gives me that same GBAtemp.dll error. Yes, the .exe and .dll are both in the same folder, and yes, I ensured that the PALETTE.bmp was a 24-bit format. I know what Virus said, but it still doesn't work with me. I'm convinced that what x66x66 said is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Keola777 View Post
    So, long story short, NPC_Tool will not run on Windows 7? No matter what I try, it gives me that same GBAtemp.dll error. Yes, the .exe and .dll are both in the same folder, and yes, I ensured that the PALETTE.bmp was a 24-bit format. I know what Virus said, but it still doesn't work with me. I'm convinced that what x66x66 said is true.
    I got it to work on a virtual windows xp, but it's not very practical

Quote Originally Posted by Keola777 View Post
    Huh, it works for me. Did you try running it in compatibility mode?
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

Yes, SonicHyuga, I did try that. To my astonishment, it didn't work, and I checked to make sure that the .exe and the .dll were in the same directory. Running it in compatibility mode for XP Service Pack 3 didn't do anything special, however I can try again. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Upon running it in Compatibility mode in ANY OS, It didn't give me the GBATemp.dll error. However, it would say that nothing changed even when I swapped out the PALLETTE.bmp colors. Now no matter what I do (other than Windows 7, which, of course, is still giving me the .dll error anytime the pallette is changed.

UPDATE: I originally typed Service Pack 2 in the first paragraph. I also explained more about the situation than I did before.
    Last edited by Keola777; 06-25-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Question NPC format

Hi, DsPet -- I'm a little new here, but I was doing some digging on Animal Crossing and your posts kept showing up in Google a lot.
    Sorry to resurrect a thread, but this might be the best place to ask

Do you have any information to share on the NPC format stored in the ISO?
    In general, it seems to look something like...

Code:
    struct npc_record {
      uint16_t      index;               // Ordered NPC Index No.
      char           header[32];         // 32 Bytes of ????
      char           name[8][18];        // Name in UTF16 in 8 regions
      char           phrase[10][22];     // Phrase in UTF16 in 10 languages
      uint8_t        race;               // Race ENUM, 0 = cat, etc. 
      uint8_t        month;              // Birth month, Jan = 0x01, etc.
      uint8_t        day;                // Birth day.
      char           footer[5];          // five unknown bytes
      uint8_t        personality : 4;    // Personality enum
      uint8_t        unk_nibble : 4;     // Unknown nibble: always 0x5, 0x6, 0x9 or 0xA.
      char           unknown;            // Always 0x00 or 0x80.
    } __attribute__ ((packed));

I was wondering if you had any information on the unknown (to me) portions of the struct --
    In particular, the 32 bytes in the header, the 5 bytes after the birthday, the byte at the end, and the nibble after the personality.

Observations:
    footer[0] is a number 0x00 - 0x27, excluding 0x15.
    footer[1] and footer[2] are always 0x00 through 0x09.
    footer[3] is 0x01 through 0x0e
    footer[4] is 0x00 through 0x0b.
    unk_nibble is always 0x5, 0x6, 0x9 or 0xA.
    unknown byte is always 0x00 or 0x80. Is this a binary flag on the high bit for something?

I don't have any particular end goal, I just decided on a whim to start browsing through AC:CF files to see what I could learn in case any decrypted dump of AC:NL ever existed ...
    (Maybe this would be good practice. I've never reverse engineered anything before.)

i havent been on here in years.. has anyone managed to save most of the bitmaps that were uploaded. my old drive crashed and i cant get any of the stuff i made and posted. and a lot of it seems to be no longer on the site... anyone archive a lot of this?