Thread: dlc help

Default dlc help

It seems that i can't get dlc from Pete anymore. The last item i got delivered was the hotdog hat. i missed both the ladder shades, and the dolphin model, and i'm assuming that i won't get the hopscotch floor as well.
    but i'm still relatively a homebrew newbie, though, so...yeah.

on my sd card in the animal crossing folder, there is a file called wc24dl.vff.
    whenever i change this file to one of the older backup ones, and start a new character, i get a dlc 'delivery' item from Pete that's very old. the item i get depends on the date of the file, for instance if the file was backed up originally in May, i'll get the bus model. if the back-up was created in April, I'll get the dsi b.

my save did corrupt at one point to where i had to restore my town from a much earlier back-up file. but that happened long before the hotdog hat delivery, and the hotdog hat was the last dlc i received.
    anyway, i just wanted to know if this issue was an indication of a larger problem? and if so, what can i do about it?

Do you have more than one character in your town?
    So if you have but only always play one of them, then from my observation, all the characters should get earlier DLC before you could get the latest one. In my case, when one of my character gets the DLC then I will play the other three to get that as well, to make sure that the town is ready to move to the next one.

Hope this helps.

yea, i have two characters in my town, but both of them have received all the dlc items so far from Pete, up until the hotdog hat. after that, nothing.

The obvious part is, that is a WiiConnect24 file.

I believe DLC items are added to that file, then are sent to your game save at the time of delivery. Since you backed up that file, you are receiving DLC from the month they came out.

In other words, just don't mess with it.
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8