Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R4 or TT?

Default Re: R4 or TT?

R4 has its own code handler which uses the same code types as Action Replay DS. I believe it can only be used on ROMs, just like other slot-1 flash carts. All standard ARDS codes should work on the R4 (asm codes will not). If a code doesn't work, simply patch the ROM with Toenailed's tool in Apps and Info.

Looks complicated. I can use that to make ASM codes work? >>

Also have been looking at M3DS Real. Looks pretty good so far. Though I only have a 1 GB micro SD. Will I need a bigger one if I decide to buy that instead? *shoots self*

No. You can't make ASM codes work on the R4 what you can do is if a non-ASM code doesn't work on your legal ROM dump of your own game. You can patch it.

EDIT: And no you won't need a bigger card unless you have more than 1gb of data you want on it.

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Shoot >:U Any hacking device that can use ASM codes? >>

Also, how many games could 1 GB hold?

ARDS?! Rofl

A large game like AC:WW is about 32.3mb so about 30 or so.

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Besides ARDS? XD Datel is cheap =_=

EDIT: Couple more questions. Will my game still be the same version even though I don't get an ARDS? Are the RTWE and Emotion Cycler ASM? And is there any possible way to use ASM codes without using an ARDS/Max?

1. Assuming your using a legal dump of your ROM pfft yeh right then yes...
    2. Yes.
    3. Not that I know of (can't use a MAX anyway!)

GAH >> ASM have the best codes D:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ac5361
    GAH >> ASM have the best codes D:
    Patch your ROM.

See toenailed's ROM Trainer App
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    R4 has its own code handler which uses the same code types as Action Replay DS. I believe it can only be used on ROMs, just like other slot-1 flash carts. All standard ARDS codes should work on the R4 (asm codes will not). If a code doesn't work, simply patch the ROM with Toenailed's tool in Apps and Info.
    Quote Originally Posted by ac5361
    Looks complicated. I can use that to make ASM codes work? >>

Also have been looking at M3DS Real. Looks pretty good so far. Though I only have a 1 GB micro SD. Will I need a bigger one if I decide to buy that instead? *shoots self*
    Quote Originally Posted by Area51_Hacker2
    No. You can't make ASM codes work on the R4 what you can do is if a non-ASM code doesn't work on your legal ROM dump of your own game. You can patch it.

EDIT: And no you won't need a bigger card unless you have more than 1gb of data you want on it.
    So I CAN use the Trainer to be able to use ASM codes...Right? >> Now Im confused