Thread: [NDS] Mario Party DS [AR] [US]

Default [NDS] Mario Party DS [AR] [US]

All codes ported by Area51_Hacker(2)

All codes are untested use at your own risk.

Code:
    All stories Available in Gallery:
    018774F4 E3A00001
    010A38F4 00000000
    Code:
    All Music/Sounds Available in Gallery:
    01877534 E3A00001
    Code:
    All Minigames and Modes open:
    01877218 E3A00001
    Code:
    All Badges open:
    919BC974 00009005
    019BC8EC E3A00001
    019BC9E4 E3A00001
    019BD1B4 E3A00001
    CF82C400 00000000
    If you want to port a code yourself:

Code:
    EU to US = - 7D3C00
    US to EU = + 7D3C00
    (If you have any problems just PM me)

If you test this out for me I'll credit you for testing (PM me though as your not allowed to chat in this forum)

Credits: DS Workshop

Legal:I have no problem with you redistributing my work, AFTER they have been tested and moved to the Releases forum, Credit is always nice but I see little point in demanding it as there is nothing what so ever I could do about it.

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Super Moderator

Default Re: [NDS] Mario Party DS [AR]

one of AR limitation is the hook was stored in ARM7 and has no access to VRAM/Video, TCM[both ITCM and DTCM] and Cache.. addresses below 0x02000000 are the TCM's [DTCM is 16kb while ITCM is 32kb] and must not be used unless a custom mastercode hook to ARM9 was made or if the cheat really required it... but most of the time it isn't,

try to check the code difference .. 0x7D3C00 is way too big .. i never check the Mario party but it is possible that difference is only 0x7D3C or it could be even lower ..

EDIT: basing on the code above, you also have to consider that most of the code was an ASM Hack and normal code difference is not applicable .. in case like that it usually better to use a dump, hex editor and make hex search and comparison

Blog Entries

You failed to specify a region for these codes. Don't post codes in your own release topic unless you are going to do it properly and have tested them.

Topic locked/moved.

EDIT: Topic unlocked and moved to Amateur Coding at request of the topic creator.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Quote Originally Posted by toenailed
    one of AR limitation is the hook was stored in ARM7 and has no access to VRAM/Video, TCM[both ITCM and DTCM] and Cache.. addresses below 0x02000000 are the TCM's [DTCM is 16kb while ITCM is 32kb] and must not be used unless a custom mastercode hook to ARM9 was made or if the cheat really required it... but most of the time it isn't,

try to check the code difference .. 0x7D3C00 is way too big .. i never check the Mario party but it is possible that difference is only 0x7D3C or it could be even lower ..

EDIT: basing on the code above, you also have to consider that most of the code was an ASM Hack and normal code difference is not applicable .. in case like that it usually better to use a dump, hex editor and make hex search and comparison
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=365

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Default Re: [NDS] Mario Party DS [AR] [US]

You should be subtracting 7D3C, not 7D3C00.

021547D6 - 0214CA9A = 7D3C

ok so those codes are useless then

Quote Originally Posted by Area51_Hacker2
    ok so those codes are useless then
    So fix them :lol:

I will when I get round to it! My brothers developed a love for chess and besides him I'm the only one in the house that know's how to play!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Area51_Hacker2
    http://game-hackers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=365
    code on the link was part of RAM that the game store a temporary data .. common code you found over the web or even in codejunkies especially the older code only relies on this method .. data value is altered so that the game will think to a value you specified not to the value that game made .. most of the time a code difference [EU +/- US] for porting will work in this case ...

while the code above is different, because it edits an ASM instruction found in ARM9 Executable portion of RAM, using this method, the game now changes on the way it thinks .. this is often called as ASM Hack .. most of the time the common code difference, for example 0x7D3C, is not applicable in this case .. tho it is still can be ported you need to use a different approach .. the best method is debugging but you can still use a hex editor get the old value in the addresses in code and search for the same asm code pattern to your target dump ..

Toenailed I admire and envy your coding knowledge Its just I don't really understand that :S could you explain in simplified terms?