Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: jayfng's...

Blog Entries

Default Re: jayfng's...

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Haxxor_Worl ... topic=2903

The original technical discussion topic. Dated March 22, 2007. JayFNG had been experimenting before this date and had videos of himself changing things into bells (not by search & replace but rather by knowing their exact location on the world map and modifying them via simpler codes) but DsPet actually figured out the Search and Replace method long before FNG released it. It was DsPet's code. Completely stolen. There is a link to DsPet's release topic in there as well.

Here's a direct quote from DsPet on the subject of JayFNG's "test" version:

FWIW/IMHO: The demo video looked like it was a fixed block fill, not an iterate and specific test.
    If they did implement a test, they probably would have found the bug in the AR DS engine that make the code more complicated.

re: changing to bags of money/bells
    FWIW: Going around your town and picking up bags of money/bells is just as tedious as plucking weeds. If you have an AR DS, there are quicker ways of making money ;->
    EDIT: JP PM'd him on the subject and all he had to say was he made the code and it was pure coincidence that DsPet made an identical code before he released his. It doesn't matter anymore, really. Most people in the online hacking "scene" know who created it first.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

cool so maniac sortened the code?!?!

Lol It would be cool to get credit for it though(for dspet i mean)

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Blog Entries

Well, I guess JP shortened it. JP's version is the version in the DS Workshop. Whether Virus came up with that himself or just looked at JP's version is something I don't know. You'd have to ask Virus.

...so yes, Maniac shortened it...

Vash could you tell me how to delete the 'unusable spaces' around the seeds without deleting the real un-usable spaces?

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Blog Entries

Completely off topic and I have no idea what you just asked me. Put it in one of the ACWW help topics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Area51_Hacker2
    Vash could you tell me how to delete the 'unusable spaces' around the seeds without deleting the real un-usable spaces?
    already told you.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Blog Entries

Anyway, I'm keeping this topic alive so FNG can view it when he reads the PM I sent him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash
    Well, I guess JP shortened it. JP's version is the version in the DS Workshop. Whether Virus came up with that himself or just looked at JP's version is something I don't know. You'd have to ask Virus.

...so yes, Maniac shortened it...
    I came up with the version in the DS Workshop. In 2.0, one slight modification is made; the DC code type is moved down, directly above the terminator. The will end the need of subtracting 2 from the start address. I have also added a 32-bit search and replace. Although untested, here is what it looks like (It's just simple code type change).

Code:
    C0000000 xxxxxxxx
    D3000000 xxxxxxxx
    F2000000 00000004
    52000000 xxxxxxxx
    00000000 xxxxxxxx
    DC000000 00000004
    2.0 is completely re-written for the third time, but this time it is in Delphi. It will be released whenever it's done (or whenever I feel like finishing it).

Blog Entries

>_> lol I have that somewhere lying about. I actually started with that then went to 16 bit. (you forgot to end the if statement or move the DC line... >_>) I've also made a 8 bit search and replace in ASM (AS I don't think you can do that in regular ar ds coding) but the only thing that is useful for is replacing acres.. so far at least.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.