Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HDLC for Thanksgiving (to say thank you)

So you can't plant it?
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHyuga View Post
    So you can't plant it?
    Nope. It just looks like a leaf if you place it on the ground.

could DsPet add it to EZ_DLC_Installer?

> could DsPet add it to EZ_DLC_Installer?
    In the next release, probably next week (the 1 year anniversary)

In the mean time, ask conanac (he did the work, he gets an exclusive for a while)
    ----
    BTW/FWIW: officially banned on ACC (http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.c...sidered_hacked )

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DsPet For This Useful Post:

does this take up a "safe" slot? i know dspet is careful about which hex slots he uses so the chances of hdlc overlapping dlc are slim. since he didnt make this i'm slightly paranoid about passing it on to friends.

So if this was created by someone else, and they made into HDLC without dspet.. Whats stopping us from doing that?

> does this take up a "safe" slot?
    It uses up the next available OHDLC "slot". Only one slot, which I can live with.

Future versions of DLC_Install will handle it. The game will handle it like other DLC. No realistic chance of overlap.
    BTW: we are working well outside the Nintendo item and "slot" range (there are 10 more slots in the range; after that we should wait for Nintendo to stop releasing items)

> and they made into HDLC without dspet.. Whats stopping us from doing that?
    It takes a lot of work to figure out the necessary steps. If you want to play with this, and reinvent your own items, please only use *one* DLC slot.
    ---
    An easier way, come up with something cool, and I'll be happy to release it as OHDLC, and when it is perfected, permanent HDLC.
    FWIW: I'd like to see at least 8 really cool (permanent) HDLCs released this year, but only if they are really cool.
    Last edited by DsPet; 11-10-2009 at 06:06 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DsPet For This Useful Post:

I am not sure about which slot could still be labelled as a "safe" slot since DLC items now have occupied the slots before and after existing HDLCs.

This HDLC and the other ones have occupied a series of neighbouring slots (e.g. this one is next to the spinning pokeballs).

And I agree, dont pass it to your friends if you are not comfortable.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to conanac For This Useful Post:

weel now, if you have it, and you wifi with someone, their game has it without their knowledge. Then the people they wifi with spread it and blablabla.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoshisrock View Post
    So if this was created by someone else, and they made into HDLC without dspet.. Whats stopping us from doing that?
    To putting it nicely, most people are limited by how little they know..

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.