Thread: ***Gecko 1.8.0.2*** is out :] & wiird 0.9.3

Blog Entries

Default ***Gecko 1.8.0.2*** is out :] & wiird 0.9.3

The new GeckoOS is out guys and gals :P I'll just quote from wiird...

Gecko 1.8.0.2
    ---------

What's New:

• GC memory card crash fixed thanks to Nuke
    • A core dump that occurs on some Wiis when launching certain games should no longer occur
    • Fixed codeliststart for gameconfig.txt
    • A minor Ocarina fix to ensure ASM insert codes will work properly
    • Exit no longer causes a core dump if Gecko was launched by a loader that lacks return to loader functionality (such as preloader); instead exit returns to the Homebrew Channel, or resets the Wii if the Homebrew Channel is not installed

Download from: http://www.usbgecko.com/Gecko1802.zip

Gecko 1.8
    ---------

What's New:

• Multidol games work through Gecko's game loader, rebooter is no longer required for them
    • To ensure games are fully functional the game loader now uses the IOS requested by the game (as a result there is no 002 error, that error is due to game loaders booting a game with the wrong IOS)
    • If a game requests an IOS that you don't have, the game's update partition will be searched for the IOS and the option to install the IOS will be given if it is found (if you have a modchip, turn off update blocking!)
    • It is now possible to select not to load the debugger, which increases the number of code lines allowed by Ocarina
    • New hooks have been added so that most (if not all) Wii games can be hooked
    • Rebooter will use the hook selected on the config menu to hook games
    • Rebooter is now compatible with preloader
    • The menu interface has been improved, and you can load a custom background by creating a 640x480 PNG-24 file, naming it background.png, and putting it at the root of your SD card
    • The menu configuration can be saved, and the saved configuration will be loaded automatically when Gecko starts
    • A configuration file can be created for game specific settings like hook type
    • New code types are supported by the code handler
    • GPF (gecko patch file) support

Download from: *****OLD*****
    http://www.usbgecko.com/Gecko18.zip

You can download wiird 0.9.3 here
    Last edited by Maniac; 04-16-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:

Yay! Custom backgrounds!
    Oh yeah, and the "rest"...

Blog Entries

They just released another version of GeckoOS.. few bug fixes it looks like.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

well this fix the problem when walking out of your house the game frezees up?

fvnfish
    i found out after u load game play a few min. then load gecko then it w`ont freeze

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fvnfish View Post
    well this fix the problem when walking out of your house the game frezees up?
    I don't think that's from Gecko OS, I think it's from certain combos of codes. Cause when I only use my codes that I've made, it doesn't freeze, but if I use a bunch of codes like the walk over objects/sprint faster/TTI codes all together it freezes sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonboy269 View Post
    I don't think that's from Gecko OS, I think it's from certain combos of codes. Cause when I only use my codes that I've made, it doesn't freeze, but if I use a bunch of codes like the walk over objects/sprint faster/TTI codes all together it freezes sometimes.
    Ya, that has happened to me sometimes when i load the game it. It just freezes. (to many codes) but when i reload it, its ok.

1.9 is out now.

Quote Originally Posted by brkirch
    Gecko 1.9

What's New:

• Added channel loading with hooks, channel menu supports same database.txt format as AnyTitle Deleter MOD to replace the channel IDs with channel names (put database.txt at the root of the SD card)
    • Ocarina works on channels
    • ELF/DOL loading from geckoload now works
    • Optionally the directory data/gecko can contain the codes folder, patch folder, gameconfig.txt, config.dat, and background.png instead of the root of the SD card
    • GC memory cards are no longer detected as a USB Gecko
    • Changed how exit works; if a loader other than the homebrew channel was used (or an old version of the HBC) it will return to the system menu
    • Fixed a text overlapping bug that would happen if a disc error occurs and Ocarina is on

Download from:
    www.usbgecko.com/Gecko19.zip
    Last edited by SonicHyuga; 04-28-2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

Unhappy

Please tell me how to convert the Japanese version of the code.

I'm sorry for knowing nothing.