Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Editing Tools - early alpha (USB Gecko or gamesave)

Default Thanks

Thanks DsPet for you great tools... But I don't have an USB Gecko and I'm waiting for the tuturial. Don't hurry... I have downloaded the programs just too look how it works. The only thing I don't understand are the BRES files. Where can i get the Bres files? And sorry, but I dont understand how to edit the items...?

Thanks too all the people for the following programms that i'm using:

ACToolkit
    PattView
    NPC_Tool
    Map Export & Import
    EZ_DLC_Install

and soon I will use also the ITEM_Tool and LMT tool.

> Where can i get the Bres files? And sorry, but I dont understand how to edit the items...?
    There are some in the SAMPLES and BUILTIN_ITEMS subfolders of the alpha release. The file extension is ".brres". There are 2000+ in the game itself (soon to be posted, give or take questionable copyright issues)
    You can play around with them on the PC (without using your Wii) or even without doing any actual editing. Load them up in ITEM_Tool, and press Export. Then examine the files to see how the textures work (it should be familiar if you have used NPC_Tool - but in some cases there will be 4 bitmaps - 2 palettes and 2 textures). NOTE: some won't texture properly (like the master sword).
    Or you can open up a BRES file in LMT, then press the "Preview All" button to see the item. Use the mouse to spin the item around. Mouse wheel to zoom in and out. Once again some of the items won't have proper textures, but it gives you an idea.
    Last edited by DsPet; 04-05-2009 at 02:22 PM.

thank you for your hard work! I Really need to get a USB Gecko, now!

Added tutorial for people without a USB Gecko - http://www.aibohack.com/wii/itemtool_slow.htm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MRDSBOY View Post
    Oh. Okay. I really want a master sword.
    One reason being that you can't seem to flip it the right way..(or i couldn't...) >_> and you have the base attached to the tip of the sword.. (Click and Click)

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Great job on the tutorial. I was able to follow really well.
    I'm really liking this new tool, xD.

Edit: I'm trying to install the TestTown onto my Wii, but when I use the SaveGame Installer, I get an Error (Net = -1). O.o
    Last edited by Jys072595; 04-05-2009 at 11:16 PM.

Blog Entries

....dont used a burned or pirated accf disc?

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

I'm not. The copy I have I legally bought at a Wal-Mart. The Installer was working earlier, for my regular town, O.o.

> ... but when I use the SaveGame Installer, I get an Error (Ret = -1)
    FWIW: This infrequently happens to me. To fix it, put the DVD in the drive and the SD card in the Wii *before* turning on the Wii power.
    [if using the Install approach, I find it quicker to unplug the power cord between test runs; which also ensures the Wii starts with a clean slate]

It still won't work for me, O.o.

I think I might just look into buying a USB Gecko...