Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New DLC item

besides the milk case and the ice cream what other special region specific items are there? (not counting dlc or foreign holiday items?)
    Last edited by XAlucarDX454; 01-02-2009 at 10:14 AM.

If you use homebrew to change your region to Japan, can you get the DLC that way?

Quote Originally Posted by protozoider View Post
    If you use homebrew to change your region to Japan, can you get the DLC that way?
    No, you need the Japanese game...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldensun View Post
    No, you need the Japanese game...
    Darn, though I had something. I figured since you got it through 24 then it might depend on your region. I didn't think it would be determined by your game region.

Status update:
    DLC_Tool is coming. Hopefully this weekend. It will have some limitations.
    Hacked DLC items have a fixed item code. Once released a hacked DLC item won't change. It can screw over the non-WiiBrew players.

DLC_Tool will let you experiment. For testing there are 16 special item IDs that DLC_Tool will use. You can play with them in your (WiiBrew-enabled) town. You can share them with non-WiiBrew friends if you are careful.
    Please don't release a custom/hacked DLC item into the wild. We need a more formal way of assigning item codes. To avoid collisions with Nintendo and other DLC hackers.

I'll be releasing a test DLC soon (based on a vote) to see how the non-WiiBrew AC:CF users react.
    Last edited by DsPet; 01-12-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    Status update:
    DLC_Tool is coming. Hopefully this weekend. It will have some limitations.
    Hacked DLC items have a fixed item code. Once released a hacked DLC item won't change. It can screw over the non-WiiBrew players.

DLC_Tool will let you experiment. For testing there are 16 special item IDs that DLC_Tool will use. You can play with them in your (WiiBrew-enabled) town. You can share them with non-WiiBrew friends if you are careful.
    Please don't release a custom/hacked DLC item into the wild. We need a more formal way of assigning item codes. To avoid collisions with Nintendo and other DLC hackers.

I'll be releasing a test DLC soon (based on a vote) to see how the non-WiiBrew AC:CF users react.
    Oh dear gawd.... I love you...

Quote Originally Posted by nw5 View Post
    Oh dear gawd.... I love you...
    Me too!!!

8D

We will be able to change the colors and stuff just like your NPC Tool, right?
    Also, will we have the ability to re-name DLC, or no? (Jumping ahead, yes I know)

> We will be able to change the colors and stuff just like your NPC Tool, right?
    Yes, the textures, color palette and even the 3D model are part of the DLC.
    Edit the first two using MSPaint/PBrush or other BMP editors like NPC_Tool.
    No 3D model editing in the first version, but you can steal the 3D models from existing items if they are small enough (eg: black rook 3D model and textures used as a golden axe: http://www.aibohack.com/wii/chess_axe.jpg )

> Also, will we have the ability to re-name DLC, or no?
    Not for the official DLC (red Pikmin hat and top). That will cause possible conflicts so I'm restricting editing (but you can add and delete them).
    For newly created items (which can start from one of many 'prototypes') you can name it anything you want. If you want to be fancy, there are 9 different names for the different languages.

Hey I called I LOVE YOU to DSPet FIRST!!!!

and to Virus and to Vash....